What happens to your bikes when you die

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoopdriver

Guru
Well if it's Carbon Fibre the best you can hope is someone will hang it on the wall. Would anyone risk riding a ancient Carbon Fibre bike?
Someone who wants to join you?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Bloody good question

I went to see a few retro 60's bikes a while back , where a non cyclist neighbour had been given the job of clearing out a shed with 4 nice quality bikes in as the elderly gentleman owner had fallen over and his wife didnt want him to fall of his bikes next so whilst he was in hospital she asked this chap who lived next door to her to get rid off them quick without tell her husband .

i just couldnt buy them as i felt it was a really nasty thing to do and promptly told the guy and beat a hasty retreat

Bloody good question

I went to see a few retro 60's bikes a while back , where a non cyclist neighbour had been given the job of clearing out a shed with 4 nice quality bikes in as the elderly gentleman owner had fallen over and his wife didnt want him to fall of his bikes next so whilst he was in hospital she asked this chap who lived next door to her to get rid off them quick without tell her husband .

i just couldnt buy them as i felt it was a really nasty thing to do and promptly told the guy and beat a hasty retreat
Cripes, that's terrible.
Rather reminds me of a brief exchange on a midlands ctc ride years ago. Someone commented how a certain chap (probably retired) was out and about on his bike a lot, to which a fellow rider philosophically replied "have you met his wife"?

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Well one of mine will be donated to the local zoo for the Panda's :whistle:

Drago

Legendary Member
Bloody good question

Funny you mention that. There was an ad in the Wellingborough Gazette, a woman advertising for someone to take her husbands bikes away while he was at work. I've got the phone number if you're interested - ring it and ask for Mrs Biggs.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Funny you mention that. There was an ad in the Wellingborough Gazette, a woman advertising for someone to take her husbands bikes away while he was at work. I've got the phone number if you're interested - ring it and ask for Mrs Biggs.

Must be 2 Mr Biggs in the Boro then as i am not married to my delightful other half , i wonder what delights he has though ?

Top Bottom