What happens to your bikes when you die

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I came back for mine. More than once!

Drago

Legendary Member
Mine will be bought by Planet X to display in their store. They will pay a small fortune, only to discover the following week that I was a filthy pervert.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
When your average cyclist that I know kicks the bucket, all that's left is a big collection of old fashioned bikes that the young team wouldn't be seen dead in. (if you pardon the pun) You may think it's cutting edge carbon right now but when your gone some wee weirdo, is raging at you cos you didn't bin your own crap before you shuffled off this mortal coil.
Remember carbon capture? Carbon bike along with the body is the only solution.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'd like mine to go to a poor, little hard done by urchin who hails from some stinking, fetid undeveloped backwater.

@Markymark springs to mind.
My father left me a scaffolding frame Peugeot bike, 3 sizes too small for me. I made sure the brakes were working and left it unsecured in a play area on a Deptford estate. It disappeared faster than I thought the bike was capable of.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I can`t take them with me (easily) so will be left to my local club for the "less fortunate" to make use of:okay:

This is a good thought. I’d always imagined my eldest boy would have my bikes - he’d be all over the Cervelo before I was cold. :smile:

I think I’ll let it be known if he doesn’t want them to make sure they go to my club.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I’ll take my favourite bike with me and leave the rest behind...
Hmmmm, which one is my favourite?
Depends on the terrain up there, I suppose :unsure:

Top Bottom