What has priced itself out of YOUR budget?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Will be ditching Virgin TV once my contract ends later this year, other than that not much for now.

I've now had to succumb to Wetherspoons for those occasional times of eating out, fine dining it's not but the prices are great ^_^
Had my very first 'spoons breakfast last week, unlimited coffee is a winning touch :whistle:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Will be ditching Virgin TV once my contract ends later this year, other than that not much for now.

I've now had to succumb to Wetherspoons for those occasional times of eating out, fine dining it's not but the prices are great ^_^
Had my very first 'spoons breakfast last week, unlimited coffee is a winning touch :whistle:

Had to use a 'spoons in Bodmin a wee while ago. You're right, it's cheap. Pint of fizzy yellow something, "sirloin" steak and chips, something like £10.

The steak was surprisingly edible, the chips were reheated cardboard and cold, the fizzy yellow stuff... well xx(

chriswoody

Legendary Member
We're getting a three month railcard for 9€ a month for all local trains in Germany, so I could technically travel to Berlin with it, if I had a day or two to try.

I have a monthly job ticket for the regional train that takes me to work every day, it's a collaboration between the local transport company and employers. The €110 monthly cost comes out of my salary every month and already represents a significant saving over the €180 it would cost to just buy it at the train station. I've just discovered that for the next three month's my job card will also cost only €9 per month, so pretty pleased with that.

Personally I think we could ask a few more questions as to who made us so dependent in the first place, but there we go...

I met Herr Schröder once at my place of work, he's a local resident. I didn't immediately realise who he was, it was only later when a colleague jovially remarked on my chat that the penny dropped!

take away coffees, pushing on for nearly £3 from most places for a coffee, absolutely crazy
would even begrudge that sitting in never mind take away.
just have my coffee at home now from the pods or make my own when out
mcdonalds is very good to be fair though, £1 for a take away, long may that last

I don't mind paying extra for coffee and sitting in, chatting or people watching. But getting a drive through coffee ? What's that all about ?

I have a monthly job ticket for the regional train that takes me to work every day, it's a collaboration between the local transport company and employers. The €110 monthly cost comes out of my salary every month and already represents a significant saving over the €180 it would cost to just buy it at the train station. I've just discovered that for the next three month's my job card will also cost only €9 per month, so pretty pleased with that.

I met Herr Schröder once at my place of work, he's a local resident. I didn't immediately realise who he was, it was only later when a colleague jovially remarked on my chat that the penny dropped!

I wasn't thinking about Schröder specifically; it's not like the next administration tried to wean us off Russian oil and gas with any real sense of urgency.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Having never used either I'm reliably informed the local price for the former has remained at £10-20 and the latter £5-10. Not that I wish or need to utilise such "services".

Can your "reliably informed" do some shopping for me ? Or at least add the missing zeros.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Can your "reliably informed" do some shopping for me ? Or at least add the missing zeros.

Erm ... so you're asking me to ask them to obtain either/both service/item and then get it to you.

Isn't that called solicitation / drug-dealing? :whistle:

But yes, apparently in Dewsbury both are cheap. The BBC programme Homelands looked at it.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Erm ... so you're asking me to ask them to obtain either/both service/item and then get it to you.

Isn't that called solicitation / drug-dealing? :whistle:

But yes, apparently in Dewsbury both are cheap. The BBC programme Homelands looked at it.

Your prices you posted are silly , like 10x too low. Hence my comment taking the micky.

Top Bottom