what have people flown on?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bayerd

Über Member
Mostly Airbuses of some sort or other. My bro in law is a captain who flies Airbuses. He says that they are all designed to be the same in the cockpit so that once trained they can fly them all.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
A300 (Thai Airways)
737-800 (EasyJet and Ryanair)
747-400 (Thai Airways)
737-300 (Air Asia)
777-300er (Qatar Airways)
A330-300 (Qatar Airways and Turkish Airways)
A340 (Turkish Airways)
Saab 340 (Loganair)
Embraer 195 (Fly Be)
Embraer 145 (BMI)
A319 (BMI, BA, Easy Jet)
737-900 (KLM)
DC9 (Finnair)
MD11 (SAS)
737-500 (Lufthansa)
717 (Bangkok Airways)

longers

Legendary Member
Is this the "point at planes" thread?

Last year there was a very old biplane puttering around locally one sunday. I had trouble believing it could stay up there, especially when cornering. That'd have been a interesting flight.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Sikorsky S61N (BEA)
Boeing 707-436 (BEA Airtours)
Boeing 737-204 & 222 (Britannia)
Boeing 727 (Dan Air)
BAC 1-11 (Dan-Air)
Vickers Viscount (BA and BAF)
Douglas DC3 (Air Atlantique)
Boeing 757 (Monarch)
BAe/Avro 146 (British Airways)
Embraer EMB 195 (Fly Be
Saab 340 (Loganair/Fly Be)

And a few light jobbies:
Cessna 175 (G-AROC)
Cessna 150/152 (Trial lesson and with PPL flatmate)
Cessna 172 (As ballast on mates 4 seater checkout)

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
you're not alone.

Me too.

I was in a van in a traffic jam one evening on the M-whatever runs past Heathrow (25?) not long before she went out of service - like a few days before - and one went over, heading west. Truly flying off into the sunset. I whispered a bon voyage and au revoir.

There used to be a pretty good airshow at Stoughton near Leicester and we'd go and park the car in a lane and watch the planes, along with a lot of people. Someone always had a shortwave radio, so we'd hear when stuff was coming. Concorde was a regular, although only flying over of course. Beautiful.

Would like to see the Vulcan now it's back in the air. Sis, bro in law and Oli were at Alsreford looking at trains when it went over, apparently the guy who led the campaign to get it back up lives nearby, so when it's in the area, it buzzes his house. Apparently Oli said it was a 'rocket'.

brockers

All the usual suspects, plus a chum's Piper Warrior around France with me occasionally driving. And with a bit of luck, a shedload more free flying lessons in a month or so. ;).

The old Britten-Norman Trislander at Headcorn in Kent. I took off in it a few times but made my own way back down to the ground by leaping out of it.

Not flown on, but I got to sit in the first Concorde in production at Brooklands a couple of weeks ago. (The Beeb were making a doco about the Paris air disaster, which I imagine will get broadcast on its tenth 'anniversary' in July - I was one of the passengers.) It's like being in an elongated coach.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
some fabulous planes i've seen flying:

lockheed sr-71 'blackbird'
f15 'eagle'
bac lightning (the noisiest thing i've ever heard)
cp air mcdonnell-douglas dc10 (very orange)
b-17
avro lancaster
bae guppy/beluga

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Vulcans were standard on the low level route down the Plain of York in the mid seveties; they often called Leeds Bradford approach for a radio direction finding fix. I also have a very young memory of my Uncle (a transport pilot in WW2) pointing out a Valiant on the LLR just before they were withdrawn in about 1964.

The preserved Vulcan XH558 displayed at Silverstone in September last year. Only a Concorde atracted that kind of attention in the past; sudden exodus of spectators to top of grandstand to see it holding off while previous item finished it's display.

Viscount - Twin Otter - Some sort of Helicopter that dropped me on a rope
Boeing 707-727-737-747 - all various
Airbus various

I do not really look anymore

nothing in comparisom to my Dad who probably flew on over 100 marks and was involved in over 40 "incidents"

rh100

Boeing 737's, Airbus short haul jobbies and others I'm not too sure of. But no big ones yet.

Anyway, come on and own up - who flies Microsofts Flight Sim?

There is a cracking Concorde add on for FS 2004.

longers

Legendary Member
psmiffy said:
nothing in comparisom to my Dad who probably flew on over 100 marks and was involved in over 40 "incidents"

What's an "incident" Smiffy? Sounds ominous.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
All the usual jet holiday stuff, 200+ one-way flights in a Cessna 206, 50+ in a Porter, and about another 100 in a Cessna Caravan - all jumped out of as a skydiver.

About 100 flights both solo and P1 in a ASK21 glider, and about 50 each P1 flights in K6, SZD Junior, Puchaz and quite a few P1 and P2 in 'Eddie' the Eagle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Slingsby_Eagle_Type_42.jpg

This EXACT aircraft!!!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Slingsby_Eagle_Type_42.jpghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Slingsby_Eagle_Type_42.jpg

Top Bottom