what have people flown on?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My great uncle Eddie Grey was chief designer at BAC at Hurn in Hampshire; he designed the BAC 1-11 and the tail of the VC10. I remember watching the maiden flight of the VC10 on Granny's grainy black & white TV and whenever I've flown in some knackered old BAC 1-11 in Africa I've remembered uncle Eddie and thanked him for making them so strong as I've had some terrifying landings with various Nigerian airlines, now defunct, especially Okada, who crashed all their aircraft and were eventually banned by the Federal Government.

Apart from BAC 1-11s, my first ever flight as a child was in a De Havilland Comet. I've probably flown in all the Airbuses, all the Boeings, some Fokkers, some Embraers (nice planes) and a couple of TUs, some MDs and a Short. Two Cessnas piloted by our milkman out of Blackpool and for my birthday a balloon belonging to Pendle Balloon Co, whose feckless pilot ran out of fuel causing us to crash land in the middle of Blackburn. We made the local news anyway.

TVC

The usual stuff, but my favourite was a Twin Otter island hopping in Fiji. Gliders I also enjoy.

gbb

Legendary Member
Several of the usual shorthaul Airbus or Boeings...dont like the layout in the Boeings...always prefer 2/4/2 seating for some reason, i feel less hemmed in.
Largest for me was an Iberian Airbus A340-600...bloody endless as you looked down the aisles.

I've always thought i'd not like to fly on anything Russian. The Polish disaster confirms it :wacko:

montage

God Almighty
How the hell can you remember the models of all the aircraft you have ever flown on?!
I can't even give a number on the amount of flights I've been on

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My first flight was in a BAC1-11, my second was in a Trident. I have been in too many since, but I also remember flying in a Lockheed Tristar to and from the old Yugoslavia. The plane seemed huge. It was a really bad flight home, storms and high winds, it may of been like flying in a WW2 bomber the way it shook and bucked around.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Air Atlantique Douglas DC-3 Dakota
Loads of Boung 737's yawn !
Titan Airways Bae 146 from Harrods terminal at Stansted to Porsche in Germany...bloody brilliant !!!!!
Tried to get Mrs Skud to believe the Antonov AN-2 bi-plane was a safe aircraft when we found pleasure flights in the Czech Republic..still not been on one
Love your list of Tridents and Russian stuff,classics !

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Back when I took an interest, they included;
DH Beaver
Blackburn Beverley
Viscount
Vanguard
Comet
DC3
Bristol Superfreighter
Whirlwind
Wessex

but the only one I've actually flown is a Katana.

montage said:
How the hell can you remember the models of all the aircraft you have ever flown on?!
I can't even give a number on the amount of flights I've been on

Yeah, looks like we've got far more anoraks on here than we previously thought! :biggrin:

I bet they know all the numbers of the trains they've been on, too! :smile:

Top Bottom