What have you beaten between traffic lights??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matthat

Über Member
Pulled up today next to a very nice Audi R8!! Then beat it through the traffic over a mile or so till i turned off to work! So what have YOU overtaken??

BikeLiker

Pulled up today next to a very nice Audi R8!! Then beat it through the traffic over a mile or so till i turned off to work! So what have YOU overtaken??

Left this for dead as it was taxiing at Woodvale :whistle:
eurofighter.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
On my in London commute I overtake more cars then I can ever imagine.
It is nice to see if you can beat a particular car over a set distance though :thumbsup:

GrasB

Veteran
I think it's easier to list what I haven't beaten across Cambridge & London at various times:

....that's about it :biggrin:.

Highlihgts of what I have beaten:
Ultima Can-AM
Ariel Atom
Lamborghini Murciélago
Bugatti Veyron
Ferrari FXX Or Enzo (not sure which)

Reactions: gaz

Dan B

Disengaged member
I've beaten cyclists ... while rollerskating. Seriously, there are so many more opportunities for filtering through queuing traffic when you can duck under wing mirrors :-)

Monkreadusuk

Über Member
It's all about what you can beat on the open road....

Like GrasB, I've cycle passed pretty much every vehicle you can (gotta love cycling through mayfair). Over 7 or so miles I've beaten motorbikes in London.

I'd love to be able to consistently ride that fast. How fast were you going at the fastest point? Looked a hell of a lot quicker than I could ever do :sad:

on the road

Über Member
I'd love to be able to consistently ride that fast. How fast were you going at the fastest point? Looked a hell of a lot quicker than I could ever do :sad:
If you have the wind behind you and it's not uphill then it's easy to keep up that kind of speed, you'd be surprised. Those videos don't often show the gradient unless it's really steep, a slight hill can look flat on a video and from the video you can't tell which way the wind is blowing, although I suspect the wind is blowing in the direction that the cyclist is travelling.

A couple of weeks ago I beat an audi, a bmw, a jag, a toyota, a vauxhal, a honda, a ford, a volvo, a bus, a few lorries etc on the 2 mile section between lights (there was a few Rbts in between); they were all stuck in a 4.5 mile traffic jam whilst I cruised by. It was wise to lower my speed to below 8-9mph but even though I was relatively cruising compared to them :whistle:

Moodyman

Legendary Member

This is Gaz who can hold 30+ mph on a flat. I only ever get that fast down long hills and even then I'm sh1tting myself.

OP
OP
matthat

matthat

Über Member
Enjoying the responses!
Not thought about you southern folk weaving through the car park that is London!!
@bikeliker top marks for humour/sarcasm!!! lol (safe cycling folks)

Top Bottom