What wouldn't you be without......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chief Broom

Veteran
For me its my mirror :okay:
I dont see that many riders using a mirror maybe 20%? anyhow for me its essential and wouldnt be without it. The roads i ride are probably different than the norm being mainly single track with passing places. Whenever anything looms in my mirror i can scoot into a suitable passing place and let them by. I judge slowing down and rarely have to take a foot out of the clips. I reckon the locals appreciate not being held up which they are in the summer by tourists who often ride two abreast. A bit of consideration keeps everyone happy though its not all altruism as i dont want a driver surprising me and trying a close pass. When i am on a major road i still appreciate having a mirror in case a texting lorry driver/motorhomer is about to run me over i can take to the verge/hedgerow. The one in the pic was only about a £5-£6 on ebay and does the job.:okay:

DSCF6006 (1).JPG

vickster

Legendary Member
A saddle!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I agree wholeheartedly about the mirror. I also use mostly single track roads and it is essential to keep tabs on possible overtaking traffic. It means I can adjust my speed and stop if needed in a handy passing place. Keeps everybody happy.

Slick

Guru
I don't think there is much I absolutely couldn't do without, but I will admit to hating anything that expends energy that doesn't actually involve cycling, so I make sure I always ride with a couple of C02 inflator's. Just lazy I guess.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
mudgaurds on the commuter

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Cycling wise I'd list

Brooks saddle
Track pump
Ortlieb panniers
Tubus rack
Mudguards

Yep, since buying the panniers, one has been in constant use. The other, only used when i need two, still looks pristine. And they're useless without the rack.

I carry a small tool kit; pump, patches, levers, allen keys, etc. I don't seem to get any punctures when I've got everything I need to mend one, but when i don't, Sod's Law kicks in.

I also couldn't do without a radio, an amp and some speakers... but not on the bike.

Top Bottom