What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
A stupidly expensive bell. But i get the employee discount and it is very pretty and loud enough to warrant the cost...

616DF394-477E-49A1-9D7F-AC7533828BDF.jpeg

029B4AD5-9BB4-48CD-9A0A-0E2992DBE18A.jpeg

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
A stupidly expensive bell. But i get the employee discount and it is very pretty and loud enough to warrant the cost...

View attachment 685456

View attachment 685455

Very nice !

Btw/ My boss just paid $700 I believe for a bicycle bell…..😳

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
WTF! Did it include the bike it was attached to or does your boss need his medication adjusted.

For some sort of WW2 folding Paratrooper bike. The bikes are like £5k+ I believe. He has a few. And has had different models etc over the years. I believe the bell is the rarest of already rare parts for these.

Oh and btw. It looks like a rusted pile of junk. And probably needs serious work to even work or look relatively period 🤣

Gwylan

Veteran
For some sort of WW2 folding Paratrooper bike. The bikes are like £5k+ I believe. He has a few. And has had different models etc over the years. I believe the bell is the rarest of already rare parts for these.

Oh and btw. It looks like a rusted pile of junk. And probably needs serious work to even work or look relatively period 🤣

Bu££er, we had one of those in the village in the late 50's. Beats me how anyone got anywhere on them.
Must have been designed by someone who knew nothing about bikes.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A couple of pairs of Endura Hummvee trousers as replacements for the Craghopper trousers I have been using in winter (I may finally be able to ditch the trouser clips!). Added in a couple of inner tubes to take the cost over £100 to get the Chain Reaction £25 off clearance offer.

At some point tomorrow I've also got to nip up to Halfords to pick up a bottle of their cheap tyre sealant I ordered in case I decide to try out tubeless on the Ribble so I'll nip in to the nearby Sainsburys to see if they have any Halo sports wash in stock as I'm running low.

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie

So what your saying is he’s dropped a ton of coin on a bike thats both too crappy and too valuable to ride... well thats just dumb.

If you can’t ride it why own it?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
So what your saying is he’s dropped a ton of coin on a bike thats both too crappy and too valuable to ride... well thats just dumb.

If you can’t ride it why own it?

My last post was all in ref to the bell - which was the topic point. Not the bike.

However: a small part of the reason he owns all those bikes - is the fact they are increasing-value assets. So considering it’s just part of a hobby: t’s incredibly clever imo 😉

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
No chance. Spa have them made in Taiwan or China I think.
Decided to sell all the bits on it instead of getting it fixed. They'll hopefully pay for a smaller battery for the MTB.
The DeMayo will be up for sale too if your dad's interested. It's just sitting there gathering dust.

He's got one.

Hope you can get it sorted asap.

Small steel hybrids are pretty cheap on eBay you could get one if those if you wanted something similar to the wayfarer.

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
My last post was all in ref to the bell - which was the topic point. Not the bike.

However: a small part of the reason he owns all those bikes - is the fact they are increasing-value assets. So considering it’s just part of a hobby: t’s incredibly clever imo 😉

Got it. That makes more sense. Investment collecting drives the cost of all of the old stuff skyward. Its what priced me out of vintage motorcycles. It used to be you could buy a good, clean running old bike for reasonable money and then enjoy it without worry. Now the stuff costs far more than new bikes and you wouldn’t dare park it on the street.

Top Bottom