What have you collected and brought home in your water bottle? Planned or spontaneously.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've always got beer in my water bottle, it can sometimes be a hell of a trek between pubs.
Plus when you get there it's £2.80 a pint!:ohmy:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Slight drift, but I am amazed at the number of people every year picking blackberries at the roadside.

Why not just lick your own exhaust pipe?
Or just go and buy some frozen ones (lead free, but i suppose pesticide enriched,unlike the roadside leaded ones) from a supermarket for a quid a bag. Mmm,in terms of time and money supposedly saved, it takes about 5 hours to pick the same amount as a £1 bag of frozen ones. Five hours work at the minimum wage rate means you're not getting the £39.15 you should be paying yourself for picking them. Or summat like that!:wacko: :scratch:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Going off topic a bit,the other day i was walking along a busy road where there isn't a pavement. That's because the woman who owns the adjoining house won't sell a bit of her land to the council who could then put a pavement there. You have to check over your shoulder then make a dash to safety,which takes about 10 seconds. Anyway,on approach i saw a shadowy figure in the road. It was the same woman who was up a pair of step ladders holding a saw. Ok,she'd put this 'men at work' sign in the road,but it was covered in green mould, making it not very visible to approaching traffic...i presume. So there she was,teetering on a pair of rickety step ladders while reaching up to try and cut some overhanging tree branches.
She could've been wiped out by some twonk checking his mobile while driving,or fallen off the ladders and broken some bones. Why put yourself in such danger just to save a few quid i wonder? She could've got one of those 'odd job workmen who'd have done it for a tenner or so. Crazy!!:wacko:

Edit.. I forgot to add that as i walked up to her i smiled and said hello. She just looked back with a kind of look as if to say feck off.:headshake:

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
[QUOTE 5337711, member: 9609"]I fill mine with blackberries too, and will be this year when they are ready - I would have thought that weeks away yet.

Are your blackberries super early ?[/QUOTE]
I wondered the same until I realised I was thinking more brambles.

midlife

Guru
Or just go and buy some frozen ones (lead free, but i suppose pesticide enriched,unlike the roadside leaded ones) from a supermarket for a quid a bag. Mmm,in terms of time and money supposedly saved, it takes about 5 hours to pick the same amount as a £1 bag of frozen ones. Five hours work at the minimum wage rate means you're not getting the £39.15 you should be paying yourself for picking them. Or summat like that!:wacko: :scratch:

Not been lead in petrol for a while :smile:

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
IMG_20180809_151011523_HDR.jpg

It took 2 more stops further along to fill up the bottle but it was very enjoyable. With shorts and a short sleeves it was tricky. I did get caught by a stinging nettle.

I would never have thought of it before Alan mentioned it.

Top Bottom