What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
New rear gear cable fitted as I was renewing bar tape, which was looking very scruffy.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
When I first changed the Kona to tubeless, I used a sealant that, whilst great at blocking larger holes, was also great at clogging valves. I've since swapped to Stans Sealant, which has proved much better. The front valve has been giving me lots of agro still, so I've purchased two new Muc Off tubeless valves that I fitted today. As usual with Muc-Off products, these are really nicely made, with an allen key recess in the base to help tighten/loosen the valve, as well as an integrated valve core removal tool in the valve cap. Whilst I was there, I also topped up the sealant which was looking a bit low.

IMG_20231018_120814418.jpg

As well as new valves, I also treated the bike to a new chain, the old one has been there a fair while now and showing around 0.75 of wear.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Working on the once edition frame ,stripped the campag groupset and wheels,installed the 4600 derailleurs plus brakes . swapped the quill stem to a converter.found out the original bars are bent .next up lbs to pull the BB as I'm not buying a tool for a one off .105 10 speed shifters ready .
1697725179165.png

raleighnut

Legendary Member

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
The Laverda twin, although it could be a Honda CB72/CB77 which it closely resembles. Don't think it's a Jota but hard to tell from the plcture (the Jota triple is an SF with another cylinder added on with initially a 180 degree crank later changed to a 120 degree crank)

Eh, but I don’t have a motorbike and my post (which wasn’t about motorbikes) didn’t include a picture.

Bristolian

The Laverda twin, although it could be a Honda CB72/CB77 which it closely resembles. Don't think it's a Jota but hard to tell from the plcture (the Jota triple is an SF with another cylinder added on with initially a 180 degree crank later changed to a 120 degree crank)

I would say it's the Laverda twin. Really don't think it's a Jota, which just happens to be my favourite of all the motorbikes I've owned - totally devastated when it got stolen (never to be seen again).

EckyH

Changed the crankset of the commuter from modern Sora with 170mm cranks to Ultegra 6650 with 175mm cranks and to switch from 50/34 to 44/34. But I have to check the chain line and the distance between the chain rings tomorrow, because the chain seems to touch the outer chain ring when I try to use the fourth or third smallest sprocket, which didn't happen with the Sora chain rings.

E.

Top Bottom