What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Windle

Über Member
Gave the Checkpoint a thorough drivetrain clean up last night, it was absolutely minging! Took the chain off to soak it in white spirit and scrubbed it with an old toothbrush, it's currently hanging up to dry. Cleaned the chainrings and cassette thoroughly and dismantled the rear derailleur to get the jockey wheels back to full smooth spinning order. I'll reassemble and lube tonight. The front axle is feeling a bit rough too so I'll need to clean and re-grease that as well in preparation for a possible decent ride at the weekend ~ weather permitting.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Collected my rear wheel from lbs yesterday after they re spaced the hub and dished the rim to suit it's new application (£12.50) so fitted that and gave it a 5 mile ride to check it all working.

So swapped the front matching wheel over afterwards so no a set of matching wheels for my Stuart Sinclair road bike.

IMG_20240411_065818.jpg

Tom B

Guru
Just a routine fettle.

The reach on my brakes as betting a bit too much and the bite point moving too close to the bars. Assumed the pad had worn, but a bit of fettling found they had plenty of life. The issue was the after market springs that came with the pads were too strong and pushing the pistons too far back. A squish with pliers has them a bit more under control.

Jameshow

Veteran
Massive fork blades compared to steerer

Aero don't you know!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Son no. 2's Cervelo has had new inner/outer cables at my LBS. I didn't want the frustration of trying to feed everything through his 3T Aeronova bars.

His Ridley Noah's had a new Dura-Ace cassette I'd picked up when Chain Reaction Cycles had a clear-out. It's now ready for him to use in a race at Hull tomorrow.

We also put a new tyre onto one of his Parcours wheels plus new rim tape onto both.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Aero don't you know!

they are thin in profile, old school aero indeed .
We've got a similar bike on sale at the moment. I don't know why it was donated; it didn't even have a puncture.

i converted from 9 speed campag triple as it meant running 3 different brands of shifter and tbh i was not enamoured with the system .It also had a massive stem on it way to big for me . Changed the wheels since that piccie was taken to some of those superstar components jobbies that were for sale a few years ago .heres the original piccie.

Attachments

• IMG_20230918_133122_632.jpg
    IMG_20230918_133122_632.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom