What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Gave the off roader a proper going over this arvo/evening. I've got 5 days off work and plan to make the most of every minute I can in the saddle.

si_c

Guru
Just replaced the rear derailleur cable for the MTB. Had to get a pair of cable cutters to do it though, my old pair of wire cutters weren't up to the task.

format

Über Member
new spds and cleats on the bike after coming unclipped on the fixed gear one too many times. Never realised silver cleats were worse at retention than black ones.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The Carrera Virago's been playing up; the chain keeps slipping despite several attempts to get the indexing right.

So I took it into the workshop at work on Thursday to see what I'd done wrong :rolleyes:

The mechanic there looked, checked and said "it's indexing correctly but the chain looks odd".

I'd fitted a new KMC X8-93 chain - turns out it was all a single-speed chain in the box (bought from Chain Reaction!).

New Z8S chain bought and fitted this evening; it runs fine now.

si_c

Guru
Had to untighten the front mech cable on the MTB, overtightened it when I put it on thinking when it loosened it would be fine. Couldn't shift down from big chainring. Being lazy made more work, who'd have thought it :biggrin:

Full service, total cost, £0. Excluding new tyres. Felt good to get out there in the sunshine after a serious session the garage. Decided to take the fenders off when I got back seen as though spring is here! :smile:
9u4y9im.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I was down at the bike cave fixing bicycles for the West Side Revitalization Project, and repaired a Gitane( Basic 10 speed) and a Fuji Boulevard, which I'll have to find a bottom bracket for, as this one's bb is so far gone it cut a 1/8" groove in the bb axle. A really fine commuting bike, once it is rehabbed. Then I went home and repaired winter's damage to my Trek 800, as the rear brake return springs had gone quite awry.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Full service, total cost, £0. Excluding new tyres. Felt good to get out there in the sunshine after a serious session the garage. Decided to take the fenders off when I got back seen as though spring is here! :smile:
9u4y9im.jpg
Ne'er cast a clout til May be out, that goes for mudguards too . There will be more snow yet, bound to be.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Began prepping the Raleigh Team before it goes on sale; Raceblade XL mudguards removed, lights removed, rear derailleur cable replaced.

To do; switch the tyres to Michelin Dynamics, change the front deralleur cable, change the chain and clean the wheel chrome. Those will be done this week.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Finished brakes on the tourer, and mounted same to the trainer, along with cleat and shoe fettling, the new system looks complete. New bb, new drivetrain, clipless. That's the big winter project, now a little training on getting in and out of pedals whilst on trainer.

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
Made a start today to try and make a chopped down handlebar for my fixed gear, started by chopping a bar down and then got to a dead end as the hex heads on my stem are sheared! So not got any further! Time to get a new stem to complete the project!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 44
Top Bottom