What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Made a start today to try and make a chopped down handlebar for my fixed gear, started by chopping a bar down and then got to a dead end as the hex heads on my stem are sheared! So not got any further! Time to get a new stem to complete the project!
Nicely done :smile: Although the width of those is way to narrow for my tastes ;) Could try drilling the heads out to try and save the stem, seems a waste to replace it for want of a couple of hex bolts.

arch684

Veteran
Fitted a new front derailleur (triple) and cleaned the chain as i had it off anyway

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
May be an option, though I was thinking it Would be the perfect be excuse to get a shorter stem, the one I have now isn't bad but a tad on the long side and I'm not a fan of the top of it as its not got a proper top... They usually have a rubber cap but mine doesn't have one! So it collects water in the rain :/

The left hand (chain ring) shifter, on the Boardman Roady, was not playing ball on Sunday's club ride, so I doused it in some WD40. It still wasn't playing ball, so I hit it with a hammer. It's working now.

I remembered I had a nice clean 105 10 speed (11-25) cassette in the drawer. So I put it on my spare rear wheel. I've no Idea if it will get used, but it's nice to have a ready to go option, if I ever suffer a rear wheel failure.

SSmatty

I resurrected my old bike as a single speed.

Stripped out the wheel bearings on my Mavic open pros rear wheel, ordered new rim for front wheel so have that to build plus new chainring, rear sprocket, headset bottom race bearings and finally touch up the paint work, then I shall have breakfast before I change the tyres :rolleyes:.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Worked on my youngest's Felt 95 Jr race bike after it broke in his race at York last Saturday. New rear derailleur plus new cable. We'd done a quick temporary fix but this was a replacement one. Set up (limited gearing) for his next race on Saturday in Bradford.

I used the now spare gear cable from the temporary fix on the Raleigh Team so it's got 2 new ones.

Top Bottom