What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tojo

Über Member
Put the mtb spd's on the road bike (as I didn't want to look like a T**t with silver Sidi road shoes and jeans) and went round to my mates on it with a backpack full of beer to watch the rugby.....:cheers:

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
I mated an Garmin eTrex mount to a K-edge Garmin Edge mount :smile:

_GRF2265_zpshmndcchv.jpg

This is attempt No.4 to get a decent out-front mount for an eTrex - the previous prototypes involved Tate Labs, MORSA and SRAM mounts.... and numerous eTrex ones have been chopped up in the process .

Finally I have a neat lo-pro and sturdy one :thumbsup:.
Looks really neat, looks like you've got a rather pretty photo of it too! I've done similar things in the past to get bike lights mounted in the right place (it's a bit easier with cheap and cheerful £8 led lights and brackets galore in my collection)

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Gear shifting on the knockabout bike hasn't been as slick as I'd like lately and there's been an intermittant squeaking while pedalling. Having ruled out a trapped rodent I thought it about time to semi-retire the Tourney rear mech and swap it for the Acera one I bought in a sale about two years ago.:whistle:

It's fitted and set up and now everything shifts very sweetly again.^_^

The Tourney mech has had new jockey wheels and has been fitted onto the old ATB I was given a while back, replacing a new but cheap Sunrace mech which I found disappointingly poor even for use on a "pub bike".:thumbsdown: That now shifts pretty nicely too which will encourage me to use it more often as my town runabout.

Written down this all sounds really easy but I was slightly hindered today by Rubens (cocker/springer spaniel cross) who kept demanding to play and when I wouldn't, ran off with the jockey wheels.:dry::laugh:

Archeress

Veteran
Non cycling related, but I have just fitted a new head cork to my flute. I'm quite pleased with it and it is now playing much nicer.

Hugs
Archeress x

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
Today has been a very productive bike day! Assembled my ladies brand new bike, and managed to get the bars off my old the fixed gear so no need to go getting a new one.
One ladies bike:
image_zps0xwjogwo.jpg

And the new bars fitted (very much like bullhorn bars) and not to wiggly when riding ether :smile:
image_zpszm8wpncp.jpg
image_zpsyp7umplv.jpg
http://s178.photobucket.com/user/TJ_Fluffy131826/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zps0xwjogwo.jpg.html
Managed to cut the old sheared bolts off and replaced them with new ones. So it was a easy swap over! I may have to adjust the brake levers as looking at the photo I've spotted they're wonkey! And now I want to get a smaller lever for the front brake and new pads all round

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
New rear mech, front mech and chain on the commuter , alls running sweet till i tried to ride it ...............

cassettes to worn to mesh with chain , b^%&^&^*&(*!!!!

My Park Tool DAG2 dérailleur alignment tool arrived today, a fairly expensive bit of kit which I'd deliberated long over before buying. Worth every penny! About 20 minutes after unwrapping it, my gear shifts were considerably improved with relatively minor tweaks to the hanger. I wish I'd bought one months ago; it would have saved much fiddling around trying to get the indexing that little bit better.

Tojo

Über Member
My Park Tool DAG2 dérailleur alignment tool arrived today, a fairly expensive bit of kit which I'd deliberated long over before buying. Worth every penny! About 20 minutes after unwrapping it, my gear shifts were considerably improved with relatively minor tweaks to the hanger. I wish I'd bought one months ago; it would have saved much fiddling around trying to get the indexing that little bit better.

got one straight away after doing my bike mech course, people give me a bike to fix and they say is its not indexing properly.....ok nee probs and the first thing I check is alignment....cause you can spend ages trying to tweek if its out.....Also now you've got one you can sort you're mates gears out and become the guru, one thing tough the wheel has to be true and sitting right in the dropouts. I bung one of my own wheels in, that I know is true and go from there.... :thumbsup:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Reindexed the gears on the road bike as they were not running smoothly on last weekends ride and mickled the chain. Also gave the commuter a quick clean and mickle as well

Top Bottom