What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedRider

Pulling through
Fresh bar tape, new chain and replaced rear mudguard yesterday.

The old tape had worn thin to almost breaking point and the new standard black cork feels plush with a psychological boost.

I bought a KMC singlespeed chain but when I tried to shorten it it didn't fit my chain tool. This happened the last time I replaced the chain but I'd forgotten. Walked back to the shop and exchanged it for an 8-speed again. Apparently the small Park tool doesn't like single speed chains, even 3/32 width. So more of a faff than anticipated but now a quieter ride.

The LBS gave me an old but matching rear guard they had lying around. The last one had snapped a month ago and was held together with blue tape.

So alongside a new saddle fitted last week the bike now feels back up to scratch.

Just finished transferring all the add-ons from my old 531ST Galaxy to the new aluminium CB Malvern. Its ok, very comfortable but slower/heavier than the Dawes. I thought ali was supposed to be light? My first bike with brake lever shifters and disc brakes. Fantastic. Made a mudflap from an old truck inner tube using instructions from a forum. I thought it was this one but I cant find it. Maybe it was the CTC one.. Wish I'd made it longer now but I made a card template and have loads of rubber left. Anyone any views on the best size for a mudflap?
IMG_0585.JPG
IMG_0584.JPG

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
GT85 squirted over the Town & Tesco SS bike..

2nd bottle cage fitted to the Defy2 as it's going to be hot hot hot on my next ride!

fatjel

Veteran
Put a new B.B. in the Giant today in the hope the clicking and graunching noises would stop.
Which sadly didn't happen ..
New chain and cassette should be here tomorrow , have a spare crankset so hopefully all be good as new soon
Has done about 6000 km so probly all needs changing anyway

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
I've eventually got round to swapping my RX100 brake calipers for some shiney new(er) r561's in black. I decided to get all geeky and weighed them and the difference was a massive 4grams each 149>144grams

I also found a couple of strange holes in my Gatorskin tyre which I've never noticed before ??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 29

si_c

Guru
Wife's bike has started rattling something chronic. Loose chainguard, somehow the BB has worked it's way loose on the drive side, and the chainguard had a lot of play in it, tightened it up, much better now. Still a bit of a rattle from the mudguards, but one thing at a time :rolleyes:

Top Bottom