What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Fitted new inline barrel adjuster and a new front derailleur cable. Happy with the result.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Today I have been preparing for the delivery & construction of my new bike shed on Friday...

...By demolishing my old one ^_^

IMG_20150702_113714022.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Done a few bits today:

• New tyre and cleaned my son's Felt F95 Jr ready for Holme Moss tomorrow on his 11th birthday
  • Cleaned the Secteur as it needed it xx(
  • Cobbled together a rear derailleur for the Eastway R4.0 build from bits I had and finished the bike after it broke the rear hanger on 1st test (thought it was bent). The finished bike is below, with contrasting blue / red / white aiming to match the frame.
DSCF2617_zpsplyb6v2u.jpg

It just needs the mudguards fitting, since PBK didn't sent fitting bits with them and aren't responding :cursing: and then it'll be ready for winter commuting duty.

fatjel

Veteran
So following the Giant defy's new BB not solving the clicking problem I fitted new crankset, chain and cassette..
Once done ran my finger over the back wheel spokes and one kinda fell out..
Oops maybe that's where the noise was from
Drive over to Evans at Gatwick and £135 lighter have new Aksium wheelset.
Youngster served me was really good .. Very friendly , and knowledgable
Anyways new wheels, new cassette . new chain and crankset fitted off for a test ride
Felt noticeably lighter.. and rides very nice(weighed it later and is now 9 kg dead)
Still f****** clicks tho

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Bottle cages fitted to Schwinn 26" tourer, and olde fashioned cyclocross pad/bag for where the top tube and seat tube intersect, light fitted, all prepared for a trip to Downs tomorrow for pancakes and sausage at the volunteer fire department. maybe even a trip to Towanda for the parade and festival.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A number of bits on a damp morning:
  • Adjusted my youngest's brakes on his cross bike. He's been complaining about not being able to stop. I did make the point that if he's racing he shouldn't need to stop :whistle:
  • Swapped the tyres on my GT Timberline; the Schwalbe Hurricane's have gone onto a replacement NOS Mavic M400 set and the Raleigh knobblies onto the Shimano Exage wheels. Took the 'disc' off the back of the cassette as well.
  • Also took the opportunity to adjust the brakes on the GT - the front now stops!

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Wife's out for the evening so after daughter's gone to bed I had a happy hour loosening cables, relubing the outers and putting them all back together. Pumped tyres up and general sorting/ cleaning.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Cleaned and greased the crank bolts on the commuter, fitted a new bottle cage (that's the end of the £35 carbon bottle cages I bought when I first bought a road bike, both bikes now fitted with £5 SKS cages that I really like). Re-indexed the gears while it was up on the stand.

After a gentle 22 miler, fitted Marathons F+R to the tandem, and now looking forward to some decent rides during the rest of the summertime, so, this month then a total replacement list of 2/3 CRs, a rear DR, added a Megarange cassette (wow isn't a 34 low!) and then the rubber! :smile:

Top Bottom