What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
New tires and tubes arrived today so I popped them on the Roubaix. 28mm seem to fit with no obvious problems which is great, and the slight red touch to the sidewalls match the colourscheme nicely :okay::laugh: I'm now waiting for the mini pump to arrive and the replacement gear cables; I noticed some shifting niggles on the 94 mile ride over the weekend which I'd like to eradicate :okay:

20180828_211007.jpg

20180828_211035.jpg

Next up was the Stumpjumper. I'm off out on my regular Wednesday night ride tomorrow and with the evenings drawing in I decided to pop the lights back on. Unfortunately this highlighted a problem, my GPS unit was now mounted where the lights needed to go :laugh: Fortunately I had been experimenting with various mounts on another bike so had a few spares to choose from. I decided to use the one that replaced the steerer tube cap and it all fits together nicely :okay:

20180828_203721.jpg

20180828_203604.jpg

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Fitted the kickstand last night. Double checked this morning before my social ride and discovered this...

20180829_084322.jpg

That's one way of achieving single speed...fixed.
Then I stuck a tea bag into my cereal instead of sugar. Wrong jar.

Off to a good start this morning :rolleyes:

Serge

Über Member
Fitted the kickstand last night. Double checked this morning before my social ride and discovered this...

View attachment 427369

That's one way of achieving single speed...fixed.
Then I stuck a tea bag into my cereal instead of sugar. Wrong jar.

Off to a good start this morning :rolleyes:
I noticed something similar myself at the end of my bike build on Monday.

Not only had I done this:
DSC_1182.JPG

But I'd also fitted the lock mount around the same cable:
DSC_1178.JPG

Zoom in for a closer look at my ineptitude.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Following on from my post in the @What have you failed to achieve today thread, I fixed the rear pun**ure. I had to submerge the tube to find the hole as it was leaking so slowly but what I found IN the hole has bewildered me.

A dog hair.

How the ***k did that get in there? Did that cause the hole?? Is that even possible???

:wacko:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Cheers, I think of everything! I've just got the black and orange bar tape to fit then it's done. I can't decide whether to go for an orange bottle as well. Too much?

Naaaah. Go for it.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Fitted a new mini pump to the Roubaix, still wait in for the new cables but hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow. I've got an identical mini pump to fit to the Oltre when it comes back from the lbs with its new BB fitted

20180830_182841.jpg

Next job is to strip and clean the Stumpjumper as it's filthy :laugh:

While I'm at it I might shorten some of the cables and hoses as they seem unnecessarily long :laugh:

Top Bottom