What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Yesterday fixed my brand new turbo, today doing sprints on turbo it began to move from mounts, so made deep socket mount to hold it in place. Tomorrow I'll build up daughter's new Boardman. Sorted ensuite-hopefully . Last week made a new full length rocker board and serviced Tripster with new rotors and pads for Canaries trips. Made a new saddle bag bracket out of aluminium plate.

B*gger. Front crudguard *just* touching wheel.

Rats.

:angry:

tom73

Guru
Given the geohound a fur cut turn’s out we do have a westie after all.

Attachments

• 10D6BD95-C9B7-4A18-B5EE-534A1E5D765E.jpeg
    10D6BD95-C9B7-4A18-B5EE-534A1E5D765E.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 35

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A 'bits and pieces' weekend of fettling jobs:

- The Raleigh Twenty got a new rear brake cable, so both brakes now work for the first time since I bought it. That was a job and a half :heat:
- Eastway R4.0 winter bike received a new chain and a pair of used RS30 wheels for winter use
- Boardman AirPro build got a pair of 5800 shifters as a pair arrived. Then I found a pair of Shimano 5800 shifters in the shed I'd forgotten I'd bought :wacko:
- Continued cleaning the paint from the blue Carlton Corsa, almost ready for 'reveal' photos
- A used Tufo tub onto the rear HED3 tri-spoke spare TT wheel

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
More waxing and polishing the bright bits on the Corso, and the BB is reinstalled after greasing. Need new bolts for the chainset, but I am currently de-rusting some period bolts, nuts, and the other side of the fork where it was chromed. That had rusted as well as the chromed fork crown cover. I also bought a nice socket set at the Aldi, because sometimes you need two sets. Like nut versus bolt sorts of situations.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Front mech adjusted on the turbo bike. I thought it was rubbing on the chain, turns out it was just catching the crank arm :whistle::blush: limit screws also adjusted to prevent this happening again in future :laugh: Also adjusted the saddle on the turbo bike, tipped the nose down a smidge and will see how it feels tomorrow :okay:

The tyres on the Stumpjumper are finally holding pressure :laugh: Great success, although I'm starting to get sealant seeping through the tyre walls already so will keep an eye on that. Chain cleaned and lubed and a general check over ready for the weekend - I'm visiting an old chum in Wales and we're riding the black mountains classic route on Saturday :becool:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Front mech adjusted on the turbo bike. I thought it was rubbing on the chain, turns out it was just catching the crank arm :whistle::blush: limit screws also adjusted to prevent this happening again in future :laugh: Also adjusted the saddle on the turbo bike, tipped the nose down a smidge and will see how it feels tomorrow :okay:
By coincidence, I set my TT up today. I thought there was something wrong with the magnetic resistance unit until I spotted that I hadn't done the rear QR up properly and the wheel had pulled round!

Once sorted, I did a 50 minute session and by the end I had realised that my saddle's nose was a bit high too. I had intended to sort that out earlier but had forgotten. I'll go and do it after I finish this post so the bike is ready for later in the week when I will probably be doing some more TT sessions.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Continued with the Boardman AirPro build a bit: @Kernow_T 's derailleurs arrived and were fitted, along with a rummage on the parts shelf, which yielded new front 5800 and rear 6700 brake calipers. I'd prefer a 5800 rear so will keep looking.

Just cables to sort and then test it all: I'm undecided whether to have black cables for 'all black' finish or red to match the Aeronova bars.
No rush though ... we need to sell his Cervelo first to make space. And he won't be finished with that for a fortnight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom