What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
I've no chance of even getting Mrs 73 to think about drop's so your going better than be.
Well if she end's up not liking it. You can always keep it from what i've seen it look's to be so your colour :laugh:

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've no chance of even getting Mrs 73 to think about drop's so your going better than be.
Well if she end's up not liking it. You can always keep it from what i've seen it look's to be so your colour :laugh:

You're not wrong, I just need to find some matching kit in my size then I can take it on a club ride :okay::laugh:

JhnBssll

Veteran
New bar tape on her drop bar bike. She's yet to venture in to the garage to have a look at it, let alone try to ride it, but I knew I was playing the long game on this one so will bide my time :laugh:

20181205_221412.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

Minor fettle for me tonight. A few weeks ago I changed the front mudguard stays on the fixed so I could fit secure clips, unfortunetly I got the guard a bit snug against the tire, on Tuesday's muddy ride I had the mudguard clog up. Tonight I moved the guard a bit further away from the tyre and cleaned the mud out from underneath it. Whilst I was working on the bike I tightened the left crank and hopefully cured the creak that had started during Tuesday's ride.

Quiet today so more progress and it's all up and running:smile::dance:

Only a bit of initial rubbing but a tweak of the inner limit screw on the front mech and a trim on the rear mech and all ok,just need to do any updates and finish tyding cables etc and go over the whole bike with the torque wrench.

Pretty pleased that it was nearly spot-on from the off considering all the main parts were second-hand from various sources.

IMG_3012.jpg
IMG_3011.jpg

Next Di2 project will be the Light Blue Robinson and already have shifters and external battery holder/junction box,rest will probably get done sometime in the new year.

13 rider

Guru
While cleaning the bike on Sunday it looked like the front rim was worn. Time for a proper look this morning no sign of the wear indicator and becoming concave in shape well worn .So swapped the newish conti gp on the the original stock giant wheel that came with the bike and fitted that for now . May be looking at Xmas sales for a new wheel . Finally fitted the new brake blocks Ive had for weeks . The front pair did have a few bits of metal in them.

tom73

Guru
Given the bike a good clean and changed the wheel over all ready for trubo duties.

Last edited:

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
Fitted my eBay bargain roof bars and bike carriers to the car. Atera Signo RTD Aero bars and 2 x Atera Giro AF+ bike carriers plus a spare full set of matching lock cyclinders, all brand new, for £100. They were miles away but next door neighbours were on holiday a few miles down the road and kindly picked them up for me.

Last edited:
Finished the Helium yesterday, all bolts torqued up,cables tidied(mostly still have to do the rear mech cable properly), all updates done and Garmin paired:smile:.

Was tempted to have a cheeky test ride but rain clouds put paid to that :rain:.

Still all ready for when the next nice day arrives,will try and get the bike home this week sometime.

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

Bit tidier cables;

IMG_3028.jpg

Sprint shifter hiding under the bar tape;

IMG_3030.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3026.jpg
    IMG_3026.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 31

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The weather was awful here yesterday and forecast (correctly) to be good today so I planned a metric century ride for today and got my bike ready yesterday.

My cousin bought me a really nice ParkTool bike workshop stand in the Black Friday sales and it was time to try it out. I'm impressed! It is so much better working on the bike on a stand rather than on the floor. Especially for the main job I wanted to do, which was to sort out the indexing of the gears - repeatedly having to lift the back wheel off the floor to do that job is really irritating!

I did have an old stand but it was very precarious and couldn't clamp onto the oversized tubing on my 2 main bikes. I had to attach my bikes using bungee cords (!) and had many near misses when the whole thing started to collapse in a heap. It is soon to head to the local recycling centre, or to any 'scrappies' that I spot driving about.

I soon had the gears working properly and did a few other jobs on the bike while I was at it. I cleaned the chain and lubed it, and anything else that looked in need of oil.

The bike was much nicer to ride today, without having to mess about trying to change gear.

I did sometimes notice a slight rumble when shifting to the biggest sprocket. I'll tweak the B-screw slightly tomorrow and that should sort that out.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yesterday's ride was a bit chilly on the way home as the sun was setting. My left foot felt cold and when I looked down I could see why ... The bottom of my overshoe had worn through so there was nothing holding the top-front of the overshoe in place. It had slipped back and uncovered the front of my well-ventilated shoe.

I reckon I can get the overshoes to last me at least one more winter by bodgery ... :whistle:

Overshoe top.jpg

Overshoe bottom.jpg

:laugh:

It looks like the righthand overshoe will be needing a similar bodge before the end of the winter. The left one wore out first because I usually leave the right foot clipped in when I stop at junctions etc. The left side gets at least double the wear.

Top Bottom