What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Made the new Mavic wheel tyre combo tubeless with the supplied kit.
Fitted a nearly new 9 speed xt mech i had from my old 3x9 bike to replace the Alvio item however you spell it?.
Sorted the new Manitou fork air pressure sag.?
The Trek powerfly5 is now lighter and far more fun to ride.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Cleaned the Wilier Montegrappa after this morning's wet ride.

Then worked on a friends Claud Butler - and gave up trying to get the gripshift to accept a cable: I've spent a couple of hours on this and think it's broken, so have ordered two as the LH definately is.

I then set to on his brother's Elswick Stag expecting the worst under a layer of dirt. Pleasantly surprised once cleaned it had some decent parts that didn't work until 'helped'. RH crank removed, LH has the thread stripped :cursing: , wheels cleaned but an unknown freewheel ( thread posted here ), new inner and outer brake and gear cables fitted with new brake pads. Chain's off and ready for a new one and the horrid old bar tape was scraped off and is ready as well.

It needs tyres (ordered), chain, the wheels greased and the adjustable bottom bracket removing with new bearings.

Some more fiddling with the Helium yesterday.

Tidied the bar cables and finished the brake cables as well(bar actually connecting,will do that once all the Di2 stuff is sorted).

Need to wait now for shiny new Hope seat-post(staff purchase:becool:) to arrive so the battery can be tucked away and to get a shorter cable for the rear mech.

IMG_2987.jpg
IMG_2986.jpg
IMG_2985.jpg

Heat shrink left until everything is tucked away and checked for the right position.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Continued working on the Elswick Stag:
  • Bar tape fitted
  • Both wheels have had the wheel bearings done and the rear cassette's cleaned up
All ready for new tyres, the L crank pulled and new bottom bracket bearings plus a new chain and that's just about it bar adjustments.

Pulled out the hand-painted blue Carlton I got back in September and offered up some single speed wheels we've got for it (below). They fitted so the stripping process started - bent/broken/painted mudguards binned, saddle and other bits put in a box for review later. Still the cotter pins and cranks plus bottom bracket, rear lamp holder and bars plus brakes to remove and then it'll be paint-stripping plus prep. Moustache handlebars have been bought and the bike'll be painted orange as part of the conversion:

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Ice tyres put on the hybrid

New hope seatpost fitted on the Helium and the Deda battery holder is a nice tight fit so all good there plus brake cables attached.Shorter Di2 cable ordered so work permitting will get all the cabling sorted before re-fitting the cranks, chain and setting up the Di2 and uploading any updates.

Also fitted 'worm' in to nasty cut in the front tyre on the Robinson and re-filled with sealant.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Very nice :okay:

I fitted the new mudguard eyelet to the Roubaix so that's fully functional again. I'm not sure when I'll get out on it but Friday is my last working day of the year so I'll have plenty of time next week ^_^

I bought some new jagwire brake cables and used 105 calipers on ebay which arrived today. I took the opportunity to whip the awful brakes off the wife's new drop bar bike and fit the new bits. I'm still waiting on new bar tape for it, that'll go on as soon as it shows up ^_^

20181204_173221~2.jpg

20181204_214051.jpg

20181204_214045.jpg

20181204_214108.jpg

Cost about 30 quid in total and it's transformed the braking, well worth doing. Frankly they weren't fit for purpose beforehand :ohmy:

Very nice :okay:

I fitted the new mudguard eyelet to the Roubaix so that's fully functional again. I'm not sure when I'll get out on it but Friday is my last working day of the year so I'll have plenty of time next week ^_^

I bought some new jagwire brake cables and used 105 calipers on ebay which arrived today. I took the opportunity to whip the awful brakes off the wife's new drop bar bike and fit the new bits. I'm still waiting on new bar tape for it, that'll go on as soon as it shows up ^_^

View attachment 441463

View attachment 441464

View attachment 441465

View attachment 441466

Cost about 30 quid in total and it's transformed the braking, well worth doing. Frankly they weren't fit for purpose beforehand :ohmy:

Nicest brakes ever on a Viking:whistle: brakes and cables must be worth more than the rest of the bike;):biggrin:

Top Bottom