What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Strip down started on the Helium today and may not have to remove the bb as the port can fit behind it.

Some pics of the 'progress'

View attachment 440215 View attachment 440216 View attachment 440217 View attachment 440218

I've got the hydro version of those DA STI's on the Bianchi, they're lovely. Were you not tempted to use the EW-RS910 bar end junction box? I've used it on both my Di2 builds now, tucks the wires nicely out of the way.

Love the look of the bike, I think I'll own a Ridley one day :okay::becool:

JhnBssll

Veteran
Minor fettle today on the Roubaix, I moved the stem mount from the top two bolt holes to the bottom two. I had to use a pair of spacers and longer bolts as the Hammerhead Karoo computer I use is quite large and would clash with the bars otherwise. As it is now it fits a treat :okay:

20181124_232118.jpg

20181124_232048.jpg

With nothing more to do to the bike until the junction box arrives (it's still not through customs :rolleyes:) I decided to give the garage a once over. This included emptying out and sorting through my odds'n'sods cupboard. That ended up with this little lot being posted for sale on my club facebook page and going within half an hour - efficient!

20181124_151519(1).jpg

It helped that I gave it away at 20 quid but the chap that enquired seemed pleasant so I dropped the price accordingly :tongue: He only wanted the saddle and one pair of pedals so I told him to try and sell the rest on for a profit as a challenge :laugh:

Anyway I've got tons more space again and everything is neatly ordered and in its place so my OCD is appeased for the time being :laugh: I realised later that I probably should have kept a pair of flats for the Stumpjumper, what a div... Oh well, I'll have to get some red Hope flats to match the other kit :whistle:

I've got the hydro version of those DA STI's on the Bianchi, they're lovely. Were you not tempted to use the EW-RS910 bar end junction box? I've used it on both my Di2 builds now, tucks the wires nicely out of the way.

Love the look of the bike, I think I'll own a Ridley one day :okay::becool:

Unfortunately the Superzero bars are not compatible with the bar end box unless I drill it :blink: :crazy:.

screenman

Legendary Member
Minor fettle today on the Roubaix, I moved the stem mount from the top two bolt holes to the bottom two. I had to use a pair of spacers and longer bolts as the Hammerhead Karoo computer I use is quite large and would clash with the bars otherwise. As it is now it fits a treat :okay:

View attachment 440228

View attachment 440229

With nothing more to do to the bike until the junction box arrives (it's still not through customs :rolleyes:) I decided to give the garage a once over. This included emptying out and sorting through my odds'n'sods cupboard. That ended up with this little lot being posted for sale on my club facebook page and going within half an hour - efficient!

View attachment 440230

It helped that I gave it away at 20 quid but the chap that enquired seemed pleasant so I dropped the price accordingly :tongue: He only wanted the saddle and one pair of pedals so I told him to try and sell the rest on for a profit as a challenge :laugh:

Anyway I've got tons more space again and everything is neatly ordered and in its place so my OCD is appeased for the time being :laugh: I realised later that I probably should have kept a pair of flats for the Stumpjumper, what a div... Oh well, I'll have to get some red Hope flats to match the other kit :whistle:

You are braver than me, I would not want bolts that long holding the bars tight. Keep checking them, often.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
A few more tweaks on the turbo Carrera - saddle 1 cm higher, slight adjustment to the bars, adjusted the float on the pedals.
Feels better, I just need a ladder to get on and off it now...:laugh:

JhnBssll

Veteran
For them to permanently stretch they'd have to be tightened past their yield point which I don't intend to do. The longer bolt means slightly lower clamp force for a given tightening torque, I've torqued to 6Nm which is at the top end of the recommended 5-6Nm printed on the stem. I'd be surprised if I encounter any problems but only time will tell.

Top Bottom