What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Better part of a house cleaned, and the a/c repaired, with a fellow from the furnace company doing most of the HVAC stuff. I also cut the yard, and got my Raleigh Super Grand Prix ready for the road. A very user friendly bicycle.
View attachment 466597
I'd retape those bars taking the gear cables under the tape right up to the stem.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Well shoot.
During my ride yesterday I decided that I was struggling to move the shifters, so when I got home I set about taking the Kelly TakeOffs off and mounting the levers back on the downtube. All looked well till today's little ride.
The right lever wouldn't stay in position and so the gears where all over the place.
In grinding the lever assembly to fit the TakeOffs (because Mr Kelly couldn't design them better! A55HOLE!) the static part no longer has enough square material to keep it in place.

IMG_20190515_175630.jpg

So I've now had to order a pair of new shifters. Because Mr Kelly is a nobber.
That's the bike off the road for a couple days. Just when it's nice and sunny. Meh! :angry:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I put a new tyre on my CAAD 5 (best bike). The old one had served me well but I noticed on my imperial century ride at the weekend that it had pretty much worn out. I think it could perhaps last another ride or two but it isn't worth the risk.

After that I removed the new tyre on my CAAD 5 (best bike) - I needed to patch the tube that I had damaged when putting the tyre on! :laugh:

I patched the tube and was a lot more careful refitting the new tyre. It has held pressure for hours now so it should be okay.

It means that for the first time in about a year, I have matching tyres with very little/no wear on them.

Hmm... perhaps I should now check the tyres*** on my singlespeed bike, which I will be using on a 'long' imperial century ride on Saturday. The tyres were not new when I put them on the bike and I have ridden... (checks log) ... 3,700 km (2,300 miles) on them since then!

*** PS They look ok for Saturday and another few rides but will need replacing in the summer.

Last edited:
I had an n+1 for a while. It just sat there gathering dust so I sold it. Typical. :blush:

Double botheration... :banghead:

Guess I'm lucky. My recently added N+1 is very different to what I already had, so I can choose a bike according to what sort of ride I'm planning. :blush:

Top Bottom