What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Bit of storage fettling today. I spotted wall hooks on sale at planet-x for £1.99 each so took a punt. The Oltre will stay in her spot on the other side, the turbo bike will stay out and the brompton will be kept elsewhere so I ordered six. Is it possible to have too many bikes? :laugh:

Anyway they arrived yesterday so I had a play this afternoon. I was quite surprised to find they even came with wall plugs and screws at that price. I fitted two first to see if they were going to be any good...

... and was pleasantly surprised! They were a bit tight on the 2.6x27.5" mtb tyres but they fit and hang nicely. With the experiment a success I drilled 16 more holes, knocked in 16 more wall plugs and tightened 16 more screws until I was left with this...

Essentially I now have 6 bikes neatly stored and easily accessible in a space that previously had 4 piled on top of each other. Great success and a thumbs up to planet-x for the bargain price!

Bit of storage fettling today. I spotted wall hooks on sale at planet-x for £1.99 each so took a punt. The Oltre will stay in her spot on the other side, the turbo bike will stay out and the brompton will be kept elsewhere so I ordered six. Is it possible to have too many bikes? :laugh:

Anyway they arrived yesterday so I had a play this afternoon. I was quite surprised to find they even came with wall plugs and screws at that price. I fitted two first to see if they were going to be any good...

View attachment 494736

... and was pleasantly surprised! They were a bit tight on the 2.6x27.5" mtb tyres but they fit and hang nicely. With the experiment a success I drilled 16 more holes, knocked in 16 more wall plugs and tightened 16 more screws until I was left with this...

View attachment 494738

Essentially I now have 6 bikes neatly stored and easily accessible in a space that previously had 4 piled on top of each other. Great success and a thumbs up to planet-x for the bargain price!

Your garage looks better organised than my living room.

Thankfuly we live in a region where crime is low, bikes are unattractive to thieves and garage doors are massive, so locking the bikes down isn't necessary.

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Tried and thus far failed to take off the inner chain ring from the outer, one of five bolts will NOT come undone. Grrrr.

Mike_P

Guru
Freezing if sunny outside so finished fettling a composite image of my UCI photos by adding riders names and the event plus a couple of graphics and, eventually, a successful print set in a poundland frame.

Strictly Dame Sarah Storey (top left) should not be on it but needed a British winner on it. The alternative I discovered this week could have been Tom Pidcock for being the Strava KOM on the "Worlds climb full", the climb up Cornwall Road from Oak Beck Bridge and then through the Pine Woods which oddly has never previously been a single segment. 2 mins 21 apparently.

robgul

Legendary Member
At long last I've rearranged my workshop - for bicycle storage plus bicycle work bench with tool board - and a woodwork bench and machinery area (table & chop saws, drill press, sanding/polishing/grinding machinery - drawers for tools). Still some stuff in boxes to sort but it's getting there :okay:

Rob

robgul

Legendary Member
Photos Rob, Photos please

.... possibly - when the stuff is all sorted and I've painted the concrete floor (the bike area has some rather splendid heavy duty plastic checker-plate industrial floor tiles that fit together like a jigsaw puzzle) .

Today's task is to fix a new power point next to the hanger that the Orbea ebike resides on and make a start on the remaining sorting - too cold for riding :sad:

Rob

Top Bottom