What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Removed all the aftermarket rim tape off my new bike today, cleared the garage of bikes to make space. Pig of a job but all peeled off with some heat from a hairdryer

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
As I was “working from home” today I also decided to paint the Allen keys which I use to secure my up and over garage door to the frame, the idea is that they’ll be more noticeable as I often forget to fit then

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
A "service" on @gavgav's road bike. I say service but it's more of a checkover really as almost everything is cartridge bearings which are all silky smooth still. Changed the gear cables.

The rh pedal isn't smooth so will want a strip and regrease (from a glance at the Shimano manual I may need to get in a special tool for that) and the back tyre has developed a bulge. The tyres are the originals which have done a fair few miles so Gav has ordered a pair.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Dragged my Roubaix out from the Garage, I think it has been collecting dust for two and a half years! Gave it a good Fettle, glass cleaner works really well on a matte finish carbon frame, cleaned the cassette and chain and lubed with finish line ceramic wet. Pumped up both tyres, the rear tyre was letting out air as quick as I was pumping it in so replaced the tube.
Went out for a ride, almost 65 miles, I really love this 10 year old bike and should ride it more often.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Dragged my Roubaix out from the Garage, I think it has been collecting dust for two and a half years! Gave it a good Fettle, glass cleaner works really well on a matte finish carbon frame, cleaned the cassette and chain and lubed with finish line ceramic wet. Pumped up both tyres, the rear tyre was letting out air as quick as I was pumping it in so replaced the tube.
Went out for a ride, almost 65 miles, I really love this 10 year old bike and should ride it more often.

View attachment 585417

Looks great, nice work :okay: I loved my Roubaix, sometimes wish I hadn't sold it but in the end it had to go to fund my Ti frameset :sad: I still see pictures of it occasionally as I'm still in touch with the guy that bought it, we even meet up for rides occasionally despite living over a hundred miles apart 😊

Top Bottom