What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
I hope you didn’t pay £50, they’re £30 on eBay

C R

Guru
This thing
20210802_125605.jpg

was limiting the air tightness of the rear tyre on my daughters bike. Thorn removed and tube patched means air retention ability is now restored.

Also gave my road bike a good wash and fettle, as it was filthy from yesterday mornings very wet ride.

They're neat.
Reading the reviews I was a bit dubious about their stability. They are actually quite stable. Whilst I am not going to try it out I feel I could bump into them and they'd be ok. I certainly feel comfortable enough shuffling the stand around with the bike in it 👍

Last edited:

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Preping the good bike for tomorrow's ride came across this split in the centre of the rear tyre.
Bit miffed considering it was bought new in June with less than 500 miles on it.
Dug out a cheapo Vittoria from the back of the shed so I can get out but wondering about the longevity of conti grand sport races as this is the second one I've had with this issue now, appreciate it could just be bad luck like. Still very annoying.

keithmac

Guru
Dug my diy ebike out for work this morning, raised seat 10mm and altered angle back slightly.

I built it years ago and never really used it, waste of money if I don't!.

Love the Nuvinci 360 hub, are the still producing them I wonder?..

20210805_081456.jpg

20210805_081816.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Sorted the Raleigh SP Race - currently my 'best' bike as I'm waiting for son's Cervelo, when it'll become the commuter bike - for tomorrow's Straight on at Rosie's 212km audax. It's done a fair few miles since last looked at so I swapped the wheels for ones with better tyres, lubed it all and adjusted bits.

Son's Columbus X-Wing needs a new rear wheel bearing, so I got that out and cleaned the rear cassette. I'm guessing it's been a year of greenways (think horse poo / dirty water / plants) since he last cleaned it xx( . It'll also get a new chain, new bar tape, new rear brake pads and a new tyre before being put back into service for another year.

Also updated the Elite Zumo smart turbo and Sterzo to the latest firmware.

Top Bottom