What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I fettled my phone case today. At the start of the year I bought a cheap plastic case for my Pixel 5 but I didn't really like it so a couple of weeks later I splashed out £24 on a good quality leather one. (They have gone up nearly 25% since then!)

It is a really nice vertical flip case...

Pixel 5 in case.jpg

The problem was that the little hook clasp at the top of the screen cover never gripped the top of the phone tightly enough to stop the cover moving about or even falling open. I have put up with it for over 9 months but finally decided to sort it out today.

You can't see them in that photo, but there are 2 little leather flap hinges attaching the screen cover to the phone case. The problem was that they had been cut ever so slightly too long, which left the cover loose.

I had a flash of inspiration... I have some long adhesive strips of black Velcro 'hooks' and felt 'eyes'. I cut 2 very small strips of the adhesive felt and stuck them inside the leather flaps. Now when I close the cover the felt strips lever the cover down enough for the clasp to grip the phone properly. The cover is in the right place and not moving unless I want it to. Super! :becool:

I have a concern that the slight extra stress put on the flaps will eventually cause them to fail, but if the cover is ok for another 2 or 3 years I would be happy with that.

20221129_071508.jpg
Mudguard fettling again. The bolt from last week's train fettle perhaps wasn't 100% tight. I loosened it more before shifting the guard up and the retightened. I'll maybe have to buy a cheap hairdryer and do the hairdryer trick. My old sks guards twisted like this but the MPart ones are a bit longer making them more susceptible to a twisted front guard.

Attachments

• 20221129_071508.jpg
    20221129_071508.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 2

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Yesterday saw the weather forecast for the week.

Fitted the ice spiker tyres to the mountain bike - and without drawing blood, for a change.

Top Bottom