What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Doesn't the saying go "an apple pie without some cheese it like a kiss without a squeeze..."

My problem is that I like cheese, but I don't like Christmas cake.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You're welcome to my share! :smile: I just find it too sweet, even without the icing.

I confess that I am finding some sweet things too sweet these days.

I bought some caramel slices from Aldi as a rare treat yesterday. They were so sweet, it was as if somebody had chosen to double the sugar content of what was already going to be a very sugary product.

My fettling was minimal today, I fettled the table onto the turbore desk.
20221218_141110.jpg

Jameshow

Veteran
My fettling was minimal today, I fettled the table onto the turbore desk.
View attachment 671674

What about the pizza delivery?!!

Unsticking the lock on the garage door. Involved a lot of GT85, some bashing, filing down with a rasp and a fair bit of swearing.

Also found where the furry intruders were entering the cavity wall in the hallway. Ergo hole in the mortar duly blocked up using a brick, chicken wire and some unsubtle persuasion with sledgehammer. Thank goodness for interference fit. Full repair will have to wait till the spring. No point doing it now, as the little sods will just dig their way through the fresh mortar before the stuff has a chance to set.

DIY Queen! :angel:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Son no. 2 turned up from university with both of his training bikes. A bit of fettling needed, but nowhere near as much as they could've needed. He's done most of the stuff whilst away studying:

His BeOne Raw got a new chain (nearing 0.75) plus the rear carbon wheel's finally got to the point I think the brake track's now unsafe. If I can swap freehub's from this (Shimano) to the replacement (Campag) wheel I have that'll be good. They're both Novatec 372SB hubs. Either way we'll swap the tyre and tube tomorrow.

His Boardman AirPro winter bike also got a new chain (at 0.75) and rear brake pads plus a couple of other adjustments. The headset's a bit dry so we'll look at that tomorrow, along with it probably needing a new rear brake cable. Again tomorrow.

Top Bottom