What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Built this up today.
candy 3.jpg

Gunk

Guru
Just trying to buy a BMX at the moment, my lad wants one, should be a giggle

derrick

Just trying to buy a BMX at the moment, my lad wants one, should be a giggle
There are some good deals on Ebay or Facebook market place, Go for a good one, well worth it as they ride so much better than a starter bike, My Eastern rides the best but my We the people aint far behind, Do your homework and you could end up with something nice for not a lot of money.:okay:

Very clean and smart. One thing that struck me was brakes, or lack of. Presuming you'll be adding V-brakes, and noticed the rear bosses are mounted inside the rear triangle, rather than outside, if that makes sense? Only time I've seen something like this is on recumbents, where the brake arms could foul on the chain, so are placed on the opposite side of the frame. I know next to nothing about BMX's, so maybe this is all quite normal - just curious. I'm from the Raleigh Chopper era, so missed out on having a blast over the park on something like this :sad:

derrick

Very clean and smart. One thing that struck me was brakes, or lack of. Presuming you'll be adding V-brakes, and noticed the rear bosses are mounted inside the rear triangle, rather than outside, if that makes sense? Only time I've seen something like this is on recumbents, where the brake arms could foul on the chain, so are placed on the opposite side of the frame. I know next to nothing about BMX's, so maybe this is all quite normal - just curious. I'm from the Raleigh Chopper era, so missed out on having a blast over the park on something like this :sad:
The rear brake will go on, Just waiting for the paint to harden properly. although one or no brakes is quite normal for a bmx, they use a U brake on them rather than v brakes, so brake is inside frame and out of the way.
PS, your never to old to ride bmx.:laugh:

Diesel electric passenger trains are called DEMU's, Voyager is a prime example ..19ltr Cummins Diesel engine, driving alternator, which drives DC traction motor ...in the carriage.... which drives the traction bogie gearbox via a shaft .... less than simple !!!
But super efficient ... at 125mph on a 4 car unit only 1 or 2 engines will actually be above idle speed..
Super-efficient, maybe. Bloody horrible things to travel on, noisy and uncomfortable. Efficiency aside, a vast step down from Class 43s.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Had to take mudguard off commuter as the crud mk 3 sticky pad came off the frame at work so rode home with it sticking out of the pannier , i think i might have some spare pads in the bitsa box

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
My GPS batteries. On a recent 400km audax I had to abandon after three sets of AA rechargeable discharged early. I’ve now bought a smart charger, arrived today, that charges independently and can do lithium ion, lipo and Nimh etc. It had an lcd display showing each battery voltage. Seems the cheap charger I had had charged one battery of each pair but the voltage of the other battery was only 1.2v not 1.5v. So as a pair they drop below min voltage for GPS much earlier than they should. GPS turns off. Now recharging all the AAs I have.

Gunk

Guru
There are some good deals on Ebay or Facebook market place, Go for a good one, well worth it as they ride so much better than a starter bike, My Eastern rides the best but my We the people aint far behind, Do your homework and you could end up with something nice for not a lot of money.:okay:

We're now the proud owner of one! A Mafiabikes Kush 2, needs a good clean but not bad for £65

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
More work, including a 'fail' on the NeilPryde:
  • The front derailleur cable was completely stuck, even after soaking. So, rather than snap the frame hanger the front mech's been removed, I then tried to undo the cable bolt and failed even with massive force, so I have fitted a replacement Ultegra one.
  • Aero seatpost out, carbon greased as there wasn't any and back in.
  • Swapped the damaged saddle for a Bontrager Paradigm in my size.
  • Then tried to fit the BB30-24mm adaptor and a Shimano Ultegra crankset. The crankset's way too wide as it's just a basic pop-in spacer. Failed, cracked the cheap plastic spacer. Ordered another proper one on 'next day' delivery.
Once the replacement spacers are in and the crankset it'll be new cables, better brake pads and a chain ready for a test-ride on Sunday. Hopefully. If the spacer's arrive tomorrow.

Also cleaned my son's BeOne and adjusted/tightened the bars after they moved yesterday in the middle of a sprint at training :ohmy: We share that joy; my turn to clean this week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom