What have you found while riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member

A shoe with a foot still in it.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I was out biking once in the early 90's. We found a huge mobile phone, it had belonged to a hot air balloon company and dropped out of one of their team's land rovers who were chasing the ballon to pick it up when it landed. First thing I did was phone mum to report that I'd found it. After a while they drove past and it was returned to them. I hardly knew how to work the newfangled thing

Milzy

Guru
Riding with club lads over Marsden Moore one rainy Saturday there was a giant flesh coloured dildo at the road side but nobody claimed it.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I don't recall finding much over many years of mostly MTB but this year I have picked up a nice compact Topeak pump and a Castelli hi-vis gilet thing.

The other day whilst walking a track that I often cycle I picked up a nearly-new roll of dog poo bags. I left them in a visible place though as I have no dog and I hoped it might encourage someone else to use them.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
During the summer I was out and found a broom head, one of the wide types, so I strapped it to my bike and took it home, meaning to buy a broom handle. A week or so later I was out and found a broom handle (about twenty miles from the broom head, so unlikely to be linked), took it home and now I have the Original Trigger's Broom! It's a really good width for sweeping the front.

Tail End Charlie

Again during the summer, I was cycling on the canal path going through the middle of Chester when I saw an Anker power bank and lead on the floor. Great I thought, that'll be handy, good make too and the lead would fit my phone, result!
Then I remembered a Deliveroo rider had crossed paths with me a hundred yards back and I guessed it must have been his, and his need was probably much greater than mine, so I picked it up and blasted back down the canal path and luckily (for him) I saw him as he was leaving the canal path but had to manoeuvre around a lock gate, which had slowed him down, so I could reunite him with it.

Tail End Charlie

Recently... Potatoes (quite a few, so free chips and roasties) and onions by the side of the verge. One of the bonuses of living out here.

Not to mention apples and walnuts I've spotted in the hedgerows. Umm, and three walnut saplings...
Between us we have the makings of a tasty meal!! :hungry::hungry:

Top Bottom