What have you found while riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't they notice litter laying around and think it looks awful
No, they are generally too dim and stupid...
:cursing:

snorri

Legendary Member
A couple of years ago I spotted a black compost bin in a deep ditch so not visible to anyone passing in a car. It reminded me of the compost bin lid I'd seen whilst beachcombing a few weeks before. I went back to retrieve the lid which had lain undisturbed and was pleasantly surprised to find it would fit the bin which was lying not far from my home so I was able to cycle home with the bin in one hand.
Operation success!

dodss

Veteran
I road run as well as bike plus I am a Council Litter Hero and keep my village and nearby roads litter free. I do see a lot of stuff on the roads. I have picked up hammers, saws, spanners, two dildos ( at separate times,) knickers, pieces of timber. Two toilet bowls, old kitchen cupboards. Once a sack full of new jeans; I guessed from a shop burglary, unfortunately none were my size.
Two gay dogging sites complete with condoms in a bag attached to a tree.

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Strangest thing I ever found was a hanging pub sign, a fibreglass black swan about 6 ft tall. It had been nicked from my then, local in Whitby. Goodness knows how they got it down without being seen in the middle of the town. I found it in a field about 10 miles away

John482

One of these things. The bottom light shade part is inflatable and this one had a hole in it. I cut that part off and used it for a few months, it finally quit.
1607945971022.png

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I found a builder's bucket a few weeks ago. I was cycling home late after a short cycling holiday between lockdowns. I strapped it to my bike and carried on. A little later on I stopped to turn on my rear light. I swung my leg over the bike, but forgot I had a big bucket there and my foot got caught in it, causing me to fall over, fortunately no-one was found to witness my embarrassment. It's a really useful bucket.

Johnno260

Veteran
Apart from all the trash which is worse than ever these daystools mainly.

The best I have found but it also was the one that caused me to almost stack my bike was a huge chisel.

Someone left 6ft fence panels in the road the other day as well just dumped during the night.

Mark68

Ãœber Member
I found a builder's bucket a few weeks ago. I was cycling home late after a short cycling holiday between lockdowns. I strapped it to my bike and carried on. A little later on I stopped to turn on my rear light. I swung my leg over the bike, but forgot I had a big bucket there and my foot got caught in it, causing me to fall over, fortunately no-one was found to witness my embarrassment. It's a really useful bucket.
😂

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Here's today's find, encountered on the A38 as I rode back from Berkeley after my trip there to photograph the church.

It's a 4.8m length of 4x2. It was laying diagonally across the cycle lane completely blocking it but luckily not sticking out into the main carriageway. I suppose I could have tried to bunny hop over it but I would probably ended up going arse over tit and getting run over and killed by the following traffic. I wisely stopped instead and moved it out of the way. You will be disappointed to learn I didn't bring it back on my bike, as I was less than a mile from home I chucked it onto the verge and came back in my car to fetch it.

Top Bottom