What injuries do you carry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'm partial to a prawn Thai red curry with sticky rice :biggrin: :hungry:
I'm cooking a chicken Thai green curry with sticky Jasmine rice for dinner tonight. :hungry:

Back on topic
  1. Non union fracture of left collarbone (been like it for 7-8 years now)
  2. Oesteoarthritis in left knee (discovered when I had a torn cartilage operated on by keyhole surgery and probably caused the torn cartilage)
  3. Left femur held together by a bloody great big bar intermedullary nail and a bag of screws
Strangely my right side is relatively undamaged. :becool:

gbb

Legendary Member
At 56 I feel fine in my head.....its just the body that's holding me back.
Can't complain, I have a fairly physical job with lots of walking, but...
Lifelong bad back, doesn't generally stop me, but It can ache for months, drags you down after a while. Not too bad though these last 3 years.

A piece of tubing between my bladder and me wotsit, result of an accident at 19 which burst the tube (urethra ?) going through yer prostate. That can get sore occasionally. 19, now 56...37 years...docs told me it'd last 25 :blush:.

Pneumonia, pleurisy and tuberculosis in 2012 has left me with adhesions/tethering between my lung and pleuritic lining (if I understand it right.) Generally ok now but I can feel restriction when inhaling and often feel tinges of pleurisy type pain, just very slight but there all the same.

Otherwise, ok.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Wonky left foot after getting it caught in the spokes of a back wheel while getting a lift on the luggage rack back in the mid fifties when I was a nipper. Causes me to wear the heel of my left shoe on the outside fairly rapidly,

Cubist

Still wavin'
Broken right ring finger (Rugby)
Broken rib (school fight)
Broken right wrist (arrest)
Broken rib (waterslide)
Sprung rib (judo)
Fractured Sternum (judo)
Broken right scapula (motorcycle accident)
Broken left wrist (arrest)
Broken left tibia (motorcycle accident)
Broken left fibula x2 (motorcycle accident)
Fractured coccyx (sledging)
Crush fracture T12 vertebra (mountainbiking)
Fragmented fracture clavicle @ AC joint and partially detached at sternum (road cycling)
Femoro Acetabular Impingement both hips (congenital)

Oh, and a geet big bruise on my arse.

I had a plate on my tib but they left the fibula in three pieces at the time as you can learn to live with a fractured fib.
They plated the clavicle at the weekend because the nature of the damage meant it would take a very long time to heal, and was unlikely to knit as there was a floating bone fragment.

sanddancer

Now I am 48 I wont bore you with all my ills :biggrin:
I have had a sore coxis the last few weeks.
It may be down to a pothole I never saw and took the full brunt on my derriere or the hard seats in the works canteen.. :biggrin:
didn't bother me on the bike the other day but strangely it does when sat on the couch etc.

anyone else suffered this or have advice ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Scars and old injuries dont count...

It's un-fixed ones....

@Cubist needs to sell himself as the new cubic cube though... Fark me...what have you been doing.

cd365

Guru
216.jpg
Yip Man?

huwsparky

Über Member
Painful left thumb which won't go away after falling off 3 weeks ago. Thought it weld heal itself after not riding this week but evidently not.

Top Bottom