What is a 'real' Cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
jimboalee said:
Yup, and its always ripe for a wind-up. :rolleyes:

I suppose if there are electric bikes there might as well be wind-up ones, but are their riders real cyclists?

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
I always find the moniker works against me. My neighbours seem to think I'm not only a 'cyclist' but also a 'serious cyclist'! :rolleyes:

Probably evidenced by my coming home / setting off at all hours of the night on a funny shaped bike, but means that they all dedicate at least 90% of any conversation we share to saying "I'd really like to come along one day. Let me know" and then explaining to each other that they needn't actually get on their bikes because I'm a serious cyclist whilst they'd just do it for fun.

I've given up velovangelism in the street.

For now.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Chiefwiggum - you become a serious cyclist whern your Cycle Chat profile changes to an Executive member. As a junior member, you can't be considered a real cyclist.

OP
OP
Chiefwiggum

Chiefwiggum

Moodyman said:
Chiefwiggum - you become a serious cyclist whern your Cycle Chat profile changes to an Executive member. As a junior member, you can't be considered a real cyclist.

I would be on my 'puter all the time and not cycling therefore I would not be a serious cyclist :thumbsup:, hell I don't even want to be a 'serious' cyclist, I do it for fun

It has been interesting watching this thread develop :biggrin:

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
I believe that would be an ontological matter.

Sam

Rip Van

Veteran
jimboalee said:
Oh no, not again.

If you can't tell the difference between a 'cyclist' and 'someone riding a bicycle', you've still got a lot to learn.

Example clue 1.
'Someone riding a bicycle' has to walk the bike home if it punctures because they don't know what a PRK is.

Example clue 2.
'Someone riding a bicycle' doesn't bother checking and adjusting the tyre pressure before departing their journey.

Example clue 3.
'Someone riding a bicycle' has to ask if he's a cyclist.

Get real? A proper cyclist is anyone on a bike.
Don't get all snobby on us now.:smile:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
arallsopp said:
South Eastern Railway services, via season ticket.

Good. That's the neighbours sorted.

Ah, but you're a special case Andy, not because of what you ride, just your general lack of mental stability:evil:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
MacB said:
Ah, but you're a special case Andy, not because of what you ride, just your general lack of mental stability:evil:

I'll have you know my mentality is entirely stable.
Its just come to rest in a sandbank, a few degrees off the accepted latitudes of normality.

Top Bottom