What is a 'real' Cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
After falling off (or being knocked off) 'real' cyclists will check the bike for damage before they check their own bodies.....

Real cyclists know how to ride so they never fall.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Whats a PRK ???

People's Republic of Korea
rolleyes.gif

(It's a Puncture Repair Kit :rolleyes:)

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I check my tyre pressures every 5 minutes or so, even when not riding the bike - you can't be too careful :rolleyes:

on the road

Über Member
I commute once or twice a week (54km round trip), ride most sundays between 60 and 70 km with occasional 100km rides and nip to the shops on occasion. I have a road bike, a hybrid and a mountain bike. I have lycra and baggies. I am also 17.5 stone and 5'11, ex rugby and judo player so don't always feel like a real cyclist. What is a real cyclist?, is it the lycra clad road warrior, the year-round commuter, the families enjoying a ride on the tow path? Is a 'real' cyclist aware of the environment or health or is it just some thing they do without thinking?

To friends and coworkers I am a real cyclist, to other cyclist, who knows or indeed cares. To myself, I'll get away with it while I can!

Just thought I would gauge other peoples thoughts on what is a 'real' cyclist:bicycle:
Anyone who rides a bike.

I check my tyre pressures every 5 minutes or so, even when not riding the bike - you can't be too careful ;)

Which is why I use real time pressure monitors.
Real cyclists don't mount new equipment on their bikes until they have lost the weight of that item in body mass.
Amputation if absolutely necessary.

Top Bottom