What is everybody's mileage like

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Mrs P will not allow me to ride out,other than around local streets.So gawd knows what i will be like when this all lifts.So what is you all doing cycling wise.Number of times out each week and distance .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
around 180 miles a week over 5 rides , normally around 30 ish with a couple of 40s thrown in

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm about to go for my prescribed 5km of exercise. I hope I am able to complete such an arduous undertaking.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
2-3 miles on our bikes with child 2, daily if her lungs are up to it. On my own I have developed a 15 mile or so loop, with my house roughly at the centre, which I try to do at weekends.

Sharky

Guru
Zero
Find it impossible to get out at the moment. We have our autistic daughter with us and she does not understand that she can't do the things she used to do, so is very difficult. I can't justify an hours escape for myself when my oh and daughter cannot do the same.
Plus I am in the 70+ group and advised to stay at home.
I've resisted getting the turbo out, but I think will have to.

All uphill

Still rolling along
40-50 miles a week, that seems to be more or less preserving some fitness.

There is nothing really stopping me doing lots more, I just don't have the desire at the moment, when I had such exciting plans for touring. Hey-ho nothing to complain about.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Averaged 11 hours of riding per week in April. I’m alternating with walking to maintain bone health. I do high intensity once a week on the turbo. Outdoor rides are low intensity leisurely affairs. Fitness had increased a couple of weeks ago. I’ll know whether it’s plateaued when I next test in another couple of weeks.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Did a personal record 368 miles in April (24 shorter than usual rides). 100 miles so far in 5 rides in May. I started off doing rides of 13-22 miles and lasting no more than an hour or an hour and a half. Now that I have established which are the quietest lanes for miles around, I'm now still staying within 10 miles of home, but extending all of my loops to an hour and a half or just a little more and doing about 20 miles per ride. May be about to shatter my new personal best again.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A ten mile loop down the river, over Chiswick Bridge and back down the other side. Every day starting about 8pm when the way is free of most other people. It keeps me vaguely sane.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
50-60kms every few days. Walking 10-15km in between. Seeking out the hills in both cases (not that it's easy to avoid them around here).

Top Bottom