What is everybody's mileage like

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

For the first three weeks of lockdown I was decorating so milage was down, about 360 miles for April, since I finished the decorating I've been back to normal, a couple of 50-60 mile rides most weeks.

Slick

Guru
I think I'm around the same now as I was before lockdown with the only real difference is there has been no real big rides so I am a but worried about having to build up to all day riding again on a weekend. I'm mostly working from home now but still cycling in twice a week to do stuff and going out with Mrs Slick a couple of times a week that puts the miles in but they are very slow but great in this weather. Did 300 miles in April, which would be average but really missed the sportive I was supposed to be doing with friends in Inverness. Roll on September. :okay:

gbb

Legendary Member
Still working so no potential for increasing mileage, assuming i could anyway.
10 years ago, 50 hard mile rides were standard, maybe 120 miles a week on a roadbike.
Now ? OA has me so i'm now only managing 1x 10 or 20 miles ride a week on an ebike. I can't get through a day at work pain free so the bike has taken the back seat unfortunately.
That's the way it goes, my dad went blind at 55....now that's a life changing thing to happen so i can console myself that OA is bad enough but it just means an adjustment in life.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
5 miles, 6 times a week. Would normally be doing twice that (5 days a week).

But also not going out on weekly 40-50 mile rides in the evening to get fit for the next event.

Doing 5 Joe Wicks for Kids sesssions a week though, which I wasn't doing before.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
It varies a lot, but recently circumstances have conspired to make me cycle more than ever; weekly milage counts for the past three have been anything from 80-180 miles, 2-5 rides per week and typically 20-35 miles a time, although the extreme range is 10-55 miles.

If things continue as they are I'll probably settle at around 100-150 miles per week over 4-5 rides.

Mike_P

Guru
I've been out most days during "lockdown" trying to limiting rides to around 1h but extending beyond that typically due to delays caused by head and cross winds. About 100 miles a week has been the maximum, which in normality could be more or less than what I would do depending on how many short commutes are done, whether an evening ride is done or not and how far I might go at the weekend. Obviously the weather has largely helped, wind rather than rain being the typical deterring factor some days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom