What is everybody's mileage like

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Time on the bike is more than double a good month. Miles are off road though. I'm not wasting 2 to 3 hours a day commuting in the car to the office. Still working but at home

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not much. A few 15 or so mile rides in the last month,but that's not due to 'lockdown'. I seem to have lost my love of cycling. It's more of a chore than a pleasure these days. I was going to rejoin my old club's Wednesday 'lesser ability' rides a month or so ago to try and 'get back into it', then this virus stuff happened. Never say never again though. I still intend to rejoin them when it's all over!

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'm missing my mtb sessions at wakerley and fine shade woods on a weekend..
That's usually a really good 2 hrs workout.

That aside if I bike to work and go for an hrs ride with my wife at the weekend I'm doing about 50-70 miles

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Possibly more rides but less mileage, due to initially not wanting to venture too far, though as a positive more (shorter for me) rides and time spent with my children, especially one of my daughters, which when all this 'whatevers' we will have as memories and shared experiences :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Strava says 25 hours of exercise in April, which is back to pre-broken spine levels, and double my usual hours at this time of year. So not all bad. MTB'ing is quite hard on my back though, but that's how I'm rolling and it's a better overall body work out than road/zwift.

Oh and my hours in April were all outside, no virtual hours as the weather has been so good. Zwifting does make up my mid week riding usually.

Off for a quick hour at lunch after a 3 hour skype meeting - blooming terrible for my back.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well done all, i originally planned to do 20 a day mon-fri then try to do a solo club ride distance on a sunday but as people have said you have to fit it around family stuff like home schooling, wife works at supermarket so a "key " worker, son has his kidney problems and looking after FIL whos self isolating .
Overall im amazed i got as much as i did , 720 miles in april

GetFatty

Über Member
I've done 0 since self isolating in March due to symptoms. Lock down then came along before I'd finished. Keep thinking of getting a bike out of the garage

vickster

Legendary Member
Every day pretty much, over 100 miles a week currently (15-25 a day approx). I’m on 1333 miles for 2020. Just have to fit the cycling around work

Kryton521

Über Member
None for a couple of weeks. BB issues etc. Hope to do a few "laps" of the Industrial Estate to stay with Welsh Govt. Tyrannical "guidelines", to cycle no further from home than you can walk???

Top Bottom