What is it with BMW drivers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
Sorry to sound negative but what is it with BMW drivers and aggressive driving. Most of my aggro that i get off motorists always seems to be from BMW drivers. Today was no exception. A 40 mile ride resulted in a close pass by one and an altercation with another driver of a BMW.
The second incident involving this pillock of a driver really got my blood boiling. At a set of traffic lights he came up behind me and stopped for the lights to turn green. When they did he tried to force me out the way at the pinch point to which the lights where there. I instinctively knew what he going to do, by the way he was revving his engine hard behind and his very close positioning behind me. I thought "sod this, why should i be bullyed and intimidated" and kept to the middle of the pinch point to prevent him close passing me. I took barely 10 seconds to get through the pinch point before the road opened nice and wide for him to pass safely.
As he close passed me i got a load of abuse to which i retaliated in the heat of the moment.
Further up the road he then stopped and this lard ass excuse of a human has out ranting at me.
Im a very placid natured kind of guy, but when someone presses the wrong buttons with me i wont back down to no one. With my ugly mug red with temper and helmet off i suggested he get back in his car and dissappear. Ive been told i can look quite intimidating when angry and the driver must of thought this as he he just got straight back in his car and sped off..
There really is no need for this kind of behaviour. Its a Lovely sunny Sunday afternoon and we are all entitled to use our roads. Most drivers are patient and curtious, but BMW drivers in particular (not all granted) seems to have a completely different attitude and think they have the sole right of way over others.
Once again sorry for this negative rant but i needed to get it off my chest.
If you think im wrong or biased in any way, please tell me.
Im always open to criticism
All the very best,
Johnny

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Wouldn't dream of criticising you.

Maybe more productive to have video evidence, and, report to Police?

PS. I used to drive a BMW (one of the worst cars I ever owned, in terms of reliability)

;)

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe the thread title would be more accurate as 'what was it with the two idiots driving BMWs who I encountered today'.
Around here anecdotally the impatient imbeciles are most likely to be in vans or pick ups, followed by Audis or Mercedes

Slick

Guru
Can't say I see the same here especially today with the only close pass was from a tadger in a Suburu twice. The only thing I would add is to try and think about your interactions with these people as I did catch a similar incident on camera and it wasn't pretty and made me think of how best to deal with people like this. Me standing my ground and telling all and sundry to do one, isn't it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Coincidentally, a friend of mine was a victim of a hit and run from a BMW driver on friday. Alas for Johnny Scumbag, there are about a dozen witnesses...including the offenders own college tutor who was waiting at the bus stop and saw the whole thing, and who immediately offered her services as a witness.

I once read that Audi drivers are more likely to have a motoring conviction that the drivers of other brands. From my observations it's not the drivers of proper BMWs like the 7 series etc, but the pretend wannabe mass produced ones like the cooking 1 and 3 series models. But in this area Mercedes drivers seem to be the worst.

Drago

Legendary Member
I must point out that Volvo owners are paragons of patience and politeness, particularly XC90 commanders. I mean drivers.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not round here, they can be as twattish as any other 4x4 SUV drivers ;) same nobbery bucket as X5, Q5/Q7, M class...

Globalti

Legendary Member
I used to work with a guy who was terribly materialistic and unhappy that he had to drive a poxy VW, saying to me "I won't be happy until I've got a Beemer on my drive". Unfortunately the high-powered BMW, Mercedes of Audi has become the w***panzer of choice for young males with too much testosterone and quite often a driving licence they bought from a fixer. PCP has brought these cars within their reach and they drive them like a real-life game of Grand Theft Auto. I'm pretty sure PCP will implode soon and become the next mis-selling scandal. I hope.

Drago

Legendary Member
I can't afford one either :sad:

I can afford 2 instead :laugh:

When someone else can afford a 65 grand car I'll care what they think. Until then it's just sour grapes because someone has something they haven't got.

Top Bottom