What is it with BMW drivers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's not the car, just general driver attitude. Stopping and getting out of a car is a threat, what the heck are they thinking. oh yeh, they have nearly 2000kg of car vs not much.

As you all know, I don't cycle the roads now. Had someone done that to me now, I'd have kicked the shoot out of them, then rode off, given the injuries I sustained y poor driving. I stick to MTB, and it's either me, the tree or the rock that is at fault. :laugh: All about anger management, and I know if I got cut up/threatened, then there would be a mess these days.

Shocking behaviour from the driver.

fossyant

:rolleyes: For someone who claims to be a car hating environmentalist, you have a very odd way of showing it.

And 2 x Volvo XC90's.... but we shall forget that. 👅

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I get tailgated and honked at when driving the MX-5 at the legal limit. I think they're expecting the driver to be a girl. People can be tw*ts. I get no hassle when driving the Mazda 6 estate.

Drago

Legendary Member
:rolleyes: For someone who claims to be a car hating environmentalist, you have a very odd way of showing it.
Well, one of them belongs to Mrs D, and I've not yet figured out a way of getting her wheelchair on the bus unassisted or balanced on the crossbar of a bicycle, a car is the only practical alternative. I take it that it's ok with you for disabled people to have lives and not be housebound all day? As it happens her XC90 T8 does 30 miles on batteries alone, so she can get to work and back daily without using the petrol engine.

My XC90, a mere paupers R Design model that was only £55,000 new, was given to me. As environmentally conscious as I am I'm not going to turn down a freebie of that magnitude. In the 3 weeks I've had it I've continued to practice what I preach and have continued not to drive unnecessarily. The only journey I've made in it was to collect it and bring it home. The only 2 times I've been out on my own was to the doctors each time, one of them cycled, the other on the bus. The bus fare was probably cheaper than the diesel I'd have used if if I'd done the lazy ass thing like most motorists do.

You might want to get your facts straight before pulling the pin on your gob.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drago

Legendary Member
And 2 x Volvo XC90's.... but we shall forget that. 👅
Here's mine, just to prove I do have one.

An expensive garden ornament really.

When the sun comes up I'll snap Mrs D's, just to make the point.

Still have the Smart too. My niece, who is also disabled, has just turned 17. If she passes her test as planned I'll give it to her, keep another disabled person mobile.

tom73

Guru
I must point out that Volvo owners are paragons of patience and politeness, particularly XC90 commanders. I mean drivers.

Can't agree having sadly been on the wrong end of a Volvo the metal work and my right side often reminds me of it :sad:

fossyant

@Drago doesn't use his car's much and he is giving the Smart to a relative, so he is a good person.

It's driver attitudes. My son has loads of stuff saved from his web cam - he just presses the button if there is an incident, and it's flagged not to be over recorded. Despite him having a rapid little hatch, he drives really well, and he loves his car, so isn't going to be an idiot. The camera's seem to be a good idea for a youngster as it can record their bad driving too.

fossyant

Here's mine, just to prove I do have one.
View attachment 492464

View attachment 492465
An expensive garden ornament really.

When the sun comes up I'll snap Mrs D's, just to make the point.

Still have the Smart too. My niece, who is also disabled, has just turned 17. If she passes her test as planned I'll give it to her, keep another disabled person mobile.

Red, I like... Very nice. Lot's of room for bikes in the back.

I have British Cycling stickers on my windows, just to let other cyclists know. It's easy when the 4 x bike rack is on the roof.

fossyant

PS I must be getting old, as I would have died for a car like my lad has at his age (not quite 19). He has a Fabia Monte Carlo Mk3, 1.2 TSI , 109 bhp, and it shifts. It pulls like a diesel.

BUT, the suspension is so hard it hurts my back. My wife complains my old Saloon car is hard (she has the squashy), but my god, the Fabia is hard, doesn't do my back good. I think that's why folk are moving to big comfy cars. The Squashy is lighter than my saloon, but has twice the size springs on it (despite it can't go off road) . They do drive 'big' so that's where some of this crappy road attitude can come from with the 'height'.

SUV car's aren't much bigger than a saloon car, but add on an extra inch or 3 in 'height', then the drivers think they are the best. No crossover can keep up with my old saloon car round a few bends.

Just silly folk in cars..

Globalti

Legendary Member
The whole thing of car language is quite interesting. I used to feel bullied if I drove my wife's Citroen C1 but I don't in my Passat estate. When we had a proper square Landy everybody ignored us, you could rob a bank and pootle away quietly in a Landy.... in fact the Great Train robbers did exactly that.

Not a big fan of these threads, a lot of experienced cyclists who are uber diligent when it comes to cyclists and other road users also drive Beemers. Saying that i used to drive my 400hp+ M3 around like a raving idiot, so, er, there we are :wacko:

Top Bottom