Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Specialized

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Giant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canyon

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Giant employed living legend and all round nice guy Mike Burrows to impart some coolness to the brand. And over the course of his contract ignored every suggestion he came up with because their existing designers and engineers felt agreived by him being brought in above them. Uncool.

Reactions: mjr
Canyon? Backwards italics are not cool. Backward italics are used to convey sarcasm. Sarcasm is cool but not as part of a brand's corporate identity.

Kona. Stole Rocky Mountain's groundbreaking sloping top tube design and went off to Taiwan to undercut RM. After changing it just enough to avoid being sued of course. Not cool.

U

User169

Coolness comes from the details: nice looking tyres from Challenge, Nitto seatpost and bars, shellaced cotton bar tape (Newbaums), tool roll rather than a fanny pack, Velo Orange or Paul brakes, etc..

Dawes. Pish poor quality assurance is never cool.

MistaDee

Coolest bike brand is 'Lightweight' as their wheels are sublime and incredible quality, and the Urgestalt frame is without doubt one of the most impressive frames around in terms of quality. Although I can often been found drooling over the Cervelo RCA

e-rider

crappy member
Just thinking, some bikes are better regarded than others. Which do you think is coolest? I suppose I am asking, in a way, which brand would you choose if money was no object?
you are not cool that's for sure - I could name 30+ brands that are 'cooler' that the ones you listed (which are all the absolutely not cool mainstream brands)
or, perhaps you mean 'what is the coolest mainstream brand?'?

S-Express

Giant employed living legend and all round nice guy Mike Burrows to impart some coolness to the brand. And over the course of his contract ignored every suggestion he came up with because their existing designers and engineers felt agreived by him being brought in above them. Uncool.

Mike designed the TCR, did he not?

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
Raleigh Banana.

Always partial to a Klein - amazing paint jobs. They folded into Trek, didn't they, so old school cool, too.

Top Bottom