Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Specialized

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Giant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canyon

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goggs

Guru
Not on the list but I'd take a Mercian Vincitore Special every time.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Two words: RALEIGH CHOPPER!

Raleigh may not be the coolest brand, but the Chopper still cuts the mustard in the cool stakes for me. Got a genuine 1972 Mk II undergoing restoration in the shed. Never owned one when I was a kid, so when I got the opportunity to buy one at the local tip for £5, I pretty much took the guys hand off for it. That was 10 years ago, and I reckon at least once every week since then I just gaze at it in wonder at just how damn cool it really is.

Apart from that, Pashley are a cool brand........especially the Pashley Guv'nor.

No.

Unfortunately, by issuing an updated Chopper and acknowledging its 'retro' appeal, c/w tongue-in-cheek irony, Raleigh completely killed the analogy.

The Chopper can no longer lay claim to any cool appeal, from now until the end of days.

The same goes for the Mini and the Fiat 500.

My wife's Pashley Princess is cool, but the Guv'nor, sadly, can never be. Too self-consciously 'cool.'

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
cippolini.jpg

This geezer's.....

Gary Klein's bikes were very sought after bikes in the Nineties.
I tried in vain to buy someone's Attitude in the next street.
No chance was the answer I got for a few years.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I saw people of all ages riding bikes of all types in France and Switzerland the week before last, wearing all types of clothes and helmets (or lack of). That was pretty cool, I think. It was cycle chic at its very best.

Klien blew any credibility they had by being found guilty of dumping paint into the local stream.

Specialized blew their credibility by threatening to sue a bicycle wheel manufacturer for daring to use a French place name they thought that they owned.

Trek? Sided with Lance Armstrong in his attempted destruction of Lemond - both as a brand and as a brand.

Planet X? There's nothing wrong with generic rebranding Taiwanese made frames. But cool they are not.

Pinarello. What the fark is going on with those fork legs? Different for the sake of being different is Not Cool.

bikeman66

Blimey..... I never would have believed that "cool" came with such stringent criteria!

If the original Raleigh Chopper (even with the taint of its latter day cousin) can't be classed as cool.............I think the planet is doomed, doomed I tell ye'.

Top Bottom