What is the obsession with Castelli?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

Can anybody please enlighten me??

Everybody, but everybody seems to be plastered head to toe in the stuff, in my experience it`s overpriced, undersized, over-rated, and you can have any colour you like as long as it`s black. Hardly Exciting

What have I missed here? Am I no longer classed as a cyclist because I don`t wear it? I do slum it with Endura kit etc, perhaps I am pondlife, who knows:hyper:

Do you live near a lot of golf courses? Are you surrounded by newbie cyclists who like sportives?

;)

On a more serious note, I don't think Castelli is much different to other brands in terms of price or fit, and the kit seems to wear well and be functional. Last time I looked Endura kit was a similar price.

Broadside

Guru
I've ridden for many years with usual decent riding gear like bibs up to £70 but that was a mental stretch for me. I recently got a Castelli Gabba short sleev Jersey as a present that I would not have necessarily bought for myself. But however, I love it.

Very adaptable, a great fit, good material etc. I can't speak for all of the Castelli kit but my experience is that it is good stuff. I don't care for the Scorpion logo but if the kit is well designed then I wouldnt hesitate to buy it in future.

Jimidh

Veteran
I'm with Broadside on this my Gabba Long Sleeve Jersey is the dogs Bollocks.

Endura stuff is good though too but it's not cheap either.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It is very popular.
I only have one piece of Castelli gear, some bib shorts, and by golly they are very comfy.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I've got a Castelli winter jacket and it's great. I'd buy more Castelli gear if I could afford it.

Kajjal

Guru
I wear castelli bib tights in the winter as they fit me well and are warm enough. Bought them at half price in a sale. I do wear xxxl size which are the same size as xl in other brands.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Do you feel inadequate because you 'only' wear Endura?

And then you have Assos....
My Castelli bibs are better than my assos, But i won't be buying anymore Castelli, Since they switched there manufactures the quality of the stitching has gone down hill. I shall be looking for something new next time i need to buy bibs.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I buy Castelli because I know it works. I have too many other brands of clothing dumped at the back of the wardrobe because of performance and fit issues. It is crazily expensive, so I only buy it when it is at least 45% discounted.

Top Bottom