What is the obsession with Castelli?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I ordered that very jersey last night

In what colour? I'd go for the blue and red.

DRM

Guru
I ordered the red with a white stripe, the only one in stock in 3xl, was hoping it would be delivered today, ready for tomorrow (sunday) not been delivered, suppose parcelfarce will turn up monday when i'm at work.

Old Steve

I have purchased a few pairs of bib shorts and a pair of bib tights along with several jerseys over the past couple of months and after going out before the sun came up this morning, I came to the conclusion it is starting to get cold early mornings so I thought I would get some more bib tights...
I went into the LBS and low and behold there was a pair of castelli bib tights at a sale price , the wife said buy them.. My answer was no, look at the size they will be to big anyway ( looking at the size on the label ) after trying them on and realising that the sizing meant nothing and in fact they were spot on even down to the length of the leg ( which is unusual for a short arse like me ) I purchased them and took them home and although I have not ridden in them I tried them on and jumped on my bike which is connected to the turbo and they do feel really nice.... Would I pay full price for them.. Not sure yet, would I pay a hundred odd quid for a jersey... possibly not but you never know.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Castelli is perfect for those that cannot afford rapha.

Or for those who don't want to pay silly prices for stuff that's no better.

MistaDee

My cycle club kit is Castelli and its average quality and features no really technical advances, I have no idea why its perceived to be so good by some.
It is not a touch on ASSOS kit

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I ordered the red with a white stripe, the only one in stock in 3xl, was hoping it would be delivered today, ready for tomorrow (sunday) not been delivered, suppose parcelfarce will turn up monday when i'm at work.
I'm still tempted but i have jerseys and a new Planet X rainproof jacket here still in their packages. That blue and red number would look good though! Maybe just one more wouldn't do any harm?:whistle:

DRM

Guru
I'm still tempted but i have jerseys and a new Planet X rainproof jacket here still in their packages. That blue and red number would look good though! Maybe just one more wouldn't do any harm?:whistle:
The jersey was delivered today, it's quite slim fitting, but seems like just the ticket for the cooler autumn days, all in all I'm glad I ordered it

Top Bottom