What is the obsession with Castelli?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Onthedrops

Veteran
Not totally Castelli but do like their kit.
I have the Nanoflex bib tights. Very, very snug and excellent when the heavens open.
I also have an excellent base layer looking very similar tod a mesh t shirt (can't remember the name) It wicks like a good un.
The pack away jacket is small and fits in a jersey pocket, still a bit boil in the bag but serves a purpose.
My only gripe is with the mitts I got as a gift last Christmas. Only worn them this summer and already the splits in the stitching are appearing already.

lutonloony

Über Member
Youngest step son found castelli top in charity shop. Looked brand new, got it for £5. I spent the rest of the day sulking, even though there was no way it would have fitted me.

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
I've a few items of Castelli kit and it's all nice stuff. However, I never pay full price (which seems to be fixed between all sellers) but wait until discounted. Last year's ranges can often result in a bargain.

My only gripe about the kit is the bib shoulder straps, which could do with being just a little longer for my size.

AnthonyC

Regular
In my view Castelli offers great quality kit, and often very decent looking. But indeed, if you're trying to get some cheaper but good value kit there are plenty of other good alternatives. And sometimes it is nice to find some more original or unique jerseys at least, from less well-known brands.

Keith Oates

Janner
I have and have had Castelli gear from way back and it is the best as far as I'm concerned but having said that I do have other makes of gear due to availablity etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like most outdoor kit that is regular use (I am including my own experience of sailing, skiing, mountain-walking here) cycling kit has a hard time of it and gets hammered in regular use and much washing. Top quality kit lasts better and is better. You get what you pay for. Obviously, if you can get top-quality kit at a discount because it is "last year's" or something, you are laughing!

Top Bottom