What is the obsession with Castelli?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GlenBen

Über Member
I got some bibs and gloves as a treat, both are great quality and comfy, but pricey for what they are I thought. Wouldnt buy them again automatically.

I've just bought myself a new Bodypaint 3.0 skin suit. Castelli do have extremely comfy padding ( in my experience ). It was also at a sale price which was a quite significant saving. I haven't got any other Castelli gear ( except Diluvio gloves ) but I do like their skin suits.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
I love Castelli gear as its very well made and fantastic quality. Now there is also sportful to consider which comes out of the same factory, is the same cut and usually the same material.

I have a NoRain jersey and it's exactly the same material as a gabba but got it on special at wiggle. I also have the Castelli trasperante jacket/jersey which is nanoflex material on the body. I've also notices DHBs latest offerings looking very similar and sharing technical fabrics such as EVent waterproofing which is awesome as their EVent jacket is £100 rather than Castellis £240

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Even at half price it's not exactly cheap is it
50 quid for a wool/poly mix jersey with a poser name, i'd say it's not bad. Though if you zoom in on the image it doesn't look that woolen. I'd give it a miss if you want that merino wool look,but i'd buy it if i wanted a poser Castelli jersey.

Last edited:

S-Express

Sky rumoured to have signed with Castelli for 2017. Expect a mamil-meltdown very soon.

Labradorofperception

For me, Castelli brings back memories of being a teenager, riding down to Paul Milnes' and standing outside the shop looking at all the Castelli kit, and his Colnago dripping in Nuovo Record.

It's also the Ron Kitchen (or was it RJ Chicken) catalogue coming through the post, with all the Castelli kit inside, a few pictures but mostly hand rawn sketches (he was the importer).

It's the history that comes with it - not this jonny come lately Rapha stuff.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
For me, Castelli brings back memories of being a teenager, riding down to Paul Milnes' and standing outside the shop looking at all the Castelli kit, and his Colnago dripping in Nuovo Record.

It's also the Ron Kitchen (or was it RJ Chicken) catalogue coming through the post, with all the Castelli kit inside, a few pictures but mostly hand rawn sketches (he was the importer).

It's the history that comes with it - not this jonny come lately Rapha stuff.

God, you've made me tempted to buy that jersey now!;)

Last edited:
I like La Passione stuff. It fits well and is reasonably priced. Another big bonus is that it is not plastered from head to foot with makers names, logos,etc. usually in letters 4" high!

Top Bottom