What is the obsession with Castelli?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marcusjb

I generally find Castelli good value and much easier to justify in my head than Rapha and Assos (though I have plenty of both of those). You do not crash repairs with Castelli though as far as I am aware (personally, I try to avoid crashing more than worrying about the repair services of whatever I am wearing).

It is good stuff and Nanoflex in particular is very effective.

They and Rapha both cater very well for the sub 60kg rider, so thumbs up for that.

mythste

Veteran
If you look hard enough you can find other "just as good" options that are a but more individual. I'd hazard a guess that being "high-end" and readily available in Evans is probably a big factor - is there a large evans store near you?

Personally, most of my stretchy stuff is Morvelo.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I've recently bought a couple of Shutt items and although not the cheapest they are very comfy. I don't cycle fast enough not am I slim enough to wear Castelli.

I like castelli as it fits well. Good quality. Some items are reasonably prices but I also enjoy the look and the designs

I also wear rapha. Maybe I'm a brand snob.

My Castelli bibs are better than my assos, But i won't be buying anymore Castelli, Since they switched there manufactures the quality of the stitching has gone down hill. I shall be looking for something new next time i need to buy bibs.

Try rapha bibs. Amazingly comfy and we'll made

IBarrett

Über Member
I wear a lot of Castelli because I know their XXL stuff fits my 6ft 1in and 13stone frame, so I can happily buy it off the net

I've recently bought Morvello stuff and half the bib shorts fit but their recent nano stuff was all too short in the body so I could get the shorts on but not stand comfortably.

I'll be careful what I buy from Morvello in future though because returning it tracked cost £7 a time so too many mistakes gets expensive.

Morvello have an interesting policy on replacing kit which has been damaged in a crash. It seems the more gory the photo the more they will give you off its replacement

I'm interested in Stolen Goat because I like their range, but I've no idea on sizing yet.

That la Passione stuff looks interesting too. How does that come up size wise?

Last edited:
I wear a lot of Castelli because I know their XXL stuff fits my 6ft 1in and 13stone frame, so I can happily buy it off the net

I've recently bought Morvello stuff and half the bib shorts fit but their recent nano stuff was all too short in the body so I could get the shorts on but not stand comfortably.

I'll be careful what I buy from Morvello in future though because returning it tracked cost £7 a time so too many mistakes gets expensive.

Morvello have an interesting policy on replacing kit which has been damaged in a crash. It seems the more gory the photo the more they will give you off its replacement

I'm interested in Stolen Goat because I like their range, but I've no idea on sizing yet.

That la Passione stuff looks interesting too. How does that come up size wise?
Re La Passione. I am 6'3", 14 stone, 38 waist.
I have XXL bibs, very comfortable.

D

Deleted member 22722

I'm one of those that almost exclusively wear Castelli clothing. Purely because the I'm happy with the stylying, quality & price point of their range. But more so because I know exactly what size is going to fit me and their sizing has been very consistent over the past 3 years or so. I don't therefore waste any more time trying stuff on only to then have to return it because it's too small.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I wear Aldi and Lidl. I also ride a Carbon Koga Di2 Solicio with panniers.

I'm just a rebel :O)

I hope the new Cycle Chat kit is made by Rapha :O) or Lidl.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
If you look hard enough you can find other "just as good" options that are a but more individual. I'd hazard a guess that being "high-end" and readily available in Evans is probably a big factor - is there a large evans store near you?

Personally, most of my stretchy stuff is Morvelo.

I've recently discovered Morvelo. They currently have some good stuff at 50% off (Superlight Nth series). I'm blown away by the bib shorts, but will need to lower my saddle a little, I hadn't realised how non existent my old chamois had become! First ride I couldn't feel the saddle!

mythste

Veteran
I've recently discovered Morvelo. They currently have some good stuff at 50% off (Superlight Nth series). I'm blown away by the bib shorts, but will need to lower my saddle a little, I hadn't realised how non existent my old chamois had become! First ride I couldn't feel the saddle!

I know, my bank account is a quivering mess at the moment :laugh:

Top Bottom