What *is* your personal n+1 bike? (Pics please)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Nowhere to store it, but a DF carbon fibre velomobile would be a nice “different” one to have in the collection.

View attachment 531024
Yup, same here. Either that, or an Alpha 7, I think....
1592646790862.jpeg

Oh, and one of these. Yes, I know I've got one already, but I'd like another one…
n_2000x_243703ee-e4d0-4c51-84bd-0627d27def61_2000x.png

PF30 BB, for the press-fit haters. Mine has been zero trouble in four and a half years of riding, mind.... T47 (threaded, but with support for oversized shells like the press-fit standards) is an option.

Last edited:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless

I've ridden one of those, built by Wobbly John for Hilldodger, both formerly of this parish. They ride surprisingly well, even with the wheels a foot out of track.
My fantasy n+1 would be a Lotus bike, with a 'bent trike as a second best. I might have to settle for a Moulton.

Gunk

Guru
N+2 is also waiting (currently hanging on my sons wall), it was Bernie Eisel’s 2013 Tour de France bike. I’ve been slowly collecting the correct era Dura Ace bits, to finally build it to as close as possible to its original specification. It’ll be too big for me, but the build is an itch I’ve been wanting to scratch.

B1EE787A-E394-4C63-962E-61364FA5E229.jpeg

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Condor Gran Fondo Ti. :wub: No longer made but on a permanent watch on flea bay!
View attachment 531023
I'm looking for a new winter/commuter bike & recently saw a van nic frame set on eBay that would have made a lovely bike, but got outbid last second ☹️ Now I'm looking at other ti options, don't want to spend mega bucks again, but that Condor is a beaut 👍 If you see a 60cm model for sale, let me know, it'll be too big for you 😂

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm looking for a new winter/commuter bike & recently saw a van nic frame set on eBay that would have made a lovely bike, but got outbid last second ☹ Now I'm looking at other ti options, don't want to spend mega bucks again, but that Condor is a beaut 👍 If you see a 60cm model for sale, let me know, it'll be too big for you 😂
Isn't there a 60cm Ti in the classifieds?

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd quite like to try one of these. Hub geared, 531 frame, simple design...

But to be honest there's no bike I really fancy as an N+1 right now. I only bought my Boredom Team Carbon because it was cheap, not because I especially desired it, and because of that it's not getting much use right now. I've determined that 9 bikes is ample, and will not be adding any more to the fleet, no matter how cheap, unless it really gets my pulse racing.

Top Bottom