What makes a good pub?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
As I said, not everything is about you - every pub (even the odd ‘Spoons) tends to have a pub bore who spends his/her time whinging about life - often with a bit of racism and xenophobia thrown in.

Perhaps you should stop trying to derail the thread.
Derail the thread? Maybe i should've PM'd you with my thoughts instead. You know that i take bananas and nuts sometimes into my local pub. You also know about my problems i've posted in the personal matters section. I'm thinking those mentioned things were about me and not coincidentally about someone else,which you seem to be saying. Anyway,i've had my say and i'm certainly not going to start a tit for tat slanging match with you,where the posts will then be deleted.

you two would be banned for petty arguing from my local.

dogs and well behaved kids are fine.

bar food at bar food prices

nice beer and a decent garden for the two days of summer we get.

friendly staff is also a must

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just thought i'd resurrect this thread instead of starting another/similar one to have a moan. I went down my local pub on Friday night. I know i've mentioned it quite a bit in the threads i post in the personal matters section. This time it isn't about the supposed friends down there but the poor return i got for my money.
Right, so summer's here but that doesn't necessarily mean we have warm weather,but no, the pub owners seem to think it does! I looked at a thermometer on the wall down there. It was 64F/17.5C. Now to walk around in that temperature isn't bad,but to sit in it drinking cold beer isn't much fun. Why was it so cold in there you may ask. Because the bloody windows were open,that's why! What happens when windows are open? Yes,you get bombarded with flies,especially in food/drink places. So there i was with this pint of overpriced crap i'd just paid £2.80 for,which can be bought at a local supermarket for £1 at the moment,with a rolled up newspaper in my hand trying to swat the bombarding dirty scumbags:cursing:. Why was it crap you might ask. It was crap because it smelt and tasted like Sarsons vinegar! Yes,it was definitely off! I took it back,explaining that it was off. The girl behind the bar didn't attend to me immediately as these days they have to check their phones for advice before they can make a move. After she'd gawped at her phone for about 30 seconds she sauntered over and took the crap off me and unenthusiastically asked me what i'd like instead. "My money back",i said to her. She said she couldn't do that as it would in her words "f..k the till up". So i accepted her begrudging offer of a credit note. Now i'm all for supporting local pubs,but they're surely taking the piss wouldn't you say? not only that,but the other night the pub owner's son was telling folk how his mum had bought him some 250 quid trainers! Not only that but his mum has just spent 15 grand on a convertible BMW 'for the summer'. So i'm expected to pay £2.80 for a pint of stinking past its sell by date beer to help fund this extravagance! I think it's about time i found somewhere else,or just stopped going into pubs altogether.:thumbsdown:
Rant/moan over!!

Top Bottom