What makes you most happy about your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VintageRuby

Clinging on for dear life.
I'd like to know , what makes you most happy about your bike?
I've just got a new-to-me bike and the thing that makes me most happy about it (apart from the lush colour) is
17362865_436247876725810_4849641768875600575_n.jpg

That the shifters look like dials on a car dashboard :smile: my inner 8 year old is ecstatically happy :laugh: not least because it means when i'm on this one i don't have to lean down to shift, as my other bike is vintage so the shifters are on the downtube

17458218_439229003094364_7019335704946140245_n.jpg

She's not a bad bike considering she was only £10 , and not a lot needed doing apart from a general TLC and a friend had some pink cable outers so i changed them over ^_^

So, what makes you happy?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yeah you gotta like those dials. Marvellous.

What makes me most happy about my bike?
All of it... Over 3 years old and I can still just sit there and stare at the beauty of it. How sad is that ^_^

Van Nich.jpg

LincsBlue

My Nukeproof is an 11 speed so the thing makes me happy is that it hasn't got the extra 16 speeds my Canondale has!

OP
OP
VintageRuby

VintageRuby

Yeah you gotta like those dials. Marvellous.

What makes me most happy about my bike?
All of it... Over 3 years old and I can still just sit there and stare at the beauty of it. How sad is that ^_^

View attachment 344088
not sad at all! i do that too ^_^

My banana yellow bar tape, not sure why but that's my favourite bit on the bike... possibly because it's right in your eye line the whole time, and it's a cheery colour.

View attachment 344089
That's fabulous! I won a bright yellow cycling jacket and i've become quite attached to the colour , mostly because it helps me be seen but it brightens up the most miserable day :smile:

OP
OP
VintageRuby

VintageRuby

My Felt, the embossed Felt logo on every tiny part, even down to the cable ferrules.
I've just googled them and Phwooaarr! What a lush bike!
The rear derailleur, what a clever piece of engineering. Although, I think it has to come second to the pneumatic tyre, comfort is a wonderful thing.
It is, isn't it? i don't think people give derailleurs nearly enough credit!
What makes me most happy about my bike? Not having to use the car for going to and from work
Exactly, the only fuel you're using is your own :smile:
Yellow bikes make me very happy indeed. Here's mine.
View attachment 344108

I'm also really quite attached to the red wheels (painted them myself) I have on another one:

View attachment 344109

Don't have a pic for the last, but down tube friction shifters also make me very happy indeed :smile:
That yellow is gorgeous! and i adore the red painted wheels! I may have to do that to mine ^_^
I do like my downtube shifters, but i have to say the bar shifters are much safer!

Top Bottom