What makes you most happy about your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
IMG_0593.JPG
The bright colours and shiny bits, plus it shifts along nicely (once we get going)

That made me laugh! Trying to get to the back of the garage when my bikes are all in there is virtually impossible, and getting the car out is a real saga....luckily that is only a toy and doesn`t see daylight too often!
I nearly lost the whole lot a few years ago, my dehumidifier caught fire while I was away, luckily "him upstairs" was smiling down on me, the electric tripped and the fire went out before it could take hold.......:crazy:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
The rear derailleur, what a clever piece of engineering. Although, I think it has to come second to the pneumatic tyre, comfort is a wonderful thing.
I get very happy about the whole bike: a piece of engineering between your legs so clever perfect and efficient that aside from some tinkering around the edges it basically is unchanged for over a century.

In fact it has actually ruined driving for me, I have a Mk1 Clio with a rather rare engine in it, about as stripped back as road cars come. Used to feel like driving a go-kart, now it feels rather overweight!

OP
OP
VintageRuby

VintageRuby

Clinging on for dear life.
I nearly lost the whole lot a few years ago, my dehumidifier caught fire while I was away, luckily "him upstairs" was smiling down on me, the electric tripped and the fire went out before it could take hold.......:crazy:
Wow! you were incredibly lucky :eek: This is why i hate electrical things lol, whilst i love the fact that we have them and were born at the time where we can enjoy all technology etc there's so many things that can go wrong they terrify slightly

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Pain and silence, and my own thoughts. That's what I like.

johnnyb47

Guru
What makes me happy about my bike. Wow that's a brilliant question..For me it's simple. My bike is 34 years old and every time i look at my immaculate bike it reminds me of my belated mum. She bought me one back in 1983 and it's a special memory of happy times when i was a youngster. Happy mother's day mum x

Mostly it's the act of cycling that I enjoy rather than the bike itself, enjoying the views and fresh air, enjoying the exercise it gives me, the sights and sounds and scents of the countryside.
The bits about the bike that I like are it being comfortable, working properly and silently, and not puncturing, Colour is important too, metallic Mercier pink has always been my favourite colour but in these days of carbon and powder coats I've had to let that go.

Top Bottom