What makes you most happy about your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Yeah you gotta like those dials. Marvellous.

What makes me most happy about my bike?
All of it... Over 3 years old and I can still just sit there and stare at the beauty of it. How sad is that ^_^

View attachment 344088

I am going to put that pic on my phone so I can stare at it too.:okay:

si_c

Guru
I've had a thing about felt bikes for a while. Saw a z75 a couple of years back and was lusting after it.

Got one this weekend. Makes me smile just looking at it. Cant wait to get it out on the road.

Attachments

• IMAG0449.jpg
    IMAG0449.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 54

Slick

Guru
I've had a thing about felt bikes for a while. Saw a z75 a couple of years back and was lusting after it.

Got one this weekend. Makes me smile just looking at it. Cant wait to get it out on the road.
Oooh, just out the box, really nice. Are you taking her out tomorrow?

Just the daft smile I get when I get on any of my bikes, even after 48 years of cycling, man and boy.

When I'm on my "old faithful" commuting bike (35 year old, down tube friction shifters, covered in black tape) I look down at the left hand bar end and see the champagne cork I put in there, from the bottle our friends bought for us when we moved into our house five years ago.

Hearing my dad's voice in my head shouting "dig in" when the headwind is a right pain in the arse (Dad was a racing cyclist in the late 50's / early 60's, now lives in a nursing home, after 15 years with Parkinsons......"Dig in Dad!")

Ah I see! Yes it is steel, not sure of what decade it's from I can't find it lol she's a lovely bike but my god she is heavy! I took her for a spin this afternoon and I had to get off for a bit and walk (I'm recovering from the lurgy and my lungs aren't fully up to scratch yet) and she was so hard to push compared to the Ammaco!
shouldn't be heavy as such unless its "High Tension" gas pipe tubing.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Awww you should dig it back out and get going on it again, unless it doesn't want to go anymore?
The frame would go a lot further, It's me i need a softer ride, Am no spring chicken any more, :laugh::laugh::laugh:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thanks. This is my other favourite, for many reasons:
View attachment 344326
Nice, I was tempted to fit the handlebars of my Raleigh 'City' that way up but came across some Ergotec 'Toulouse' bars so fitted those instead.
I did change the wheels to 700c (using the original SA hub) which meant I could change the brakes away from the 'pressed steel' originals.
DSCN0038.JPG

Top Bottom